18K origonal mile motor, Perfect condition > ultra rare

Chad

I'm not sure I'll find a buyer for this, but I'll post it and see...

It came with my US team mitsubishi purchase in 2000, it was a new crate motor set aside for spare. I tried to sell it in 2000 with 0 miles, but every one wanted a race built motor for the price I was asking ($1700). Keep in mind here too, you can't get a crate motor anymore, at any price so...

This motor is perfect for someone who has a nice car wtih a blown motor, or a restoration project. Not well suited for racing as it is no stronger than any other stock motor.

83 motor with mechanical valvetrain. Besides the valvetrain and oil pickup, this motor is no different from any other year G54B-T up to 89. It was put in my sisters daily driver 86 non-intercooled at 5 PSI of boost. I did all the maintanance on the car so I know it was taken care of. She babied it the whole time, though it was not abused with granny driving either. doesn't burn or leak a drop of anything.

I pulled the pan to inspect the cyliner walls and bearings when it was still new in 2000, it was in perfect NEW condition, still had the break-in "sparke" in the oil. It was stored in Riverside California (very dry) it's whole life before I put it back in service (total of 16 years). All I had to do was change the fluids and prime the oil, it started right up and has been a perfect motor since.

No manifolds will be included, but I can source them for you if you need one fairly cheaply. It will be a origional un-touched longblock, pan to valve cover.

Asking $1400 OBO. shipping extera (crate provided at no cost). You can't build a new one like this for less, and this one is broken in and proven good.

For freght quotes, I can drop off at an Oak harbor freight depot in my town, and my zip is 97367. Willing to drop at any freight depot in Salem Oregon also. Weight will be about 300# with crate. I can get pretty decent shiping rates depending on where you are, and whether it needs to be shipped to a loading dock etc. Count on about $250 give or take. willing to deliver a fair distance (Oregon/Washington).

Test drives available for about 1 more week before the rest of the car gets striped down and the motor pulled. Willing to do a video a test drive/overview for a serious buyer.

This is probalby the lowest origonal mile running motor any of us will ever see for sale again, no joke. In 9 years, I've never seen one like it.

Post here, PM here, or email chad86tsi@yahoo.com

I wish I could, I'd really like to see this motor go into a nice car, maybe even save one.

My plans with it have changed, I was going to put it in another car that was going to get buit up, I decided that was stupid to put such a rare motor in a car that WILL get hammered. I may just have to hold onto it for a while.

Funny part was, it got all those 18,000 miles in a car that was aready retired (at 182K) when I put it in. I got that car for $200 :)

when it rolled 200,000, it was time to go cause my little sister doesn't want her "old first car" any more :cry:

cool part was me seeign it,and calling scott over to "check it out", but not teling him what he was looking for :twisted: just as he focused in on the turbo side, there it went (it was sitting on the manifold), I thought he was gonna scream like a girl (but he didn't 8) )

Blighter jumped over my shoulder as I keeled over backwards. Punishment for killing all those rabbits as a kid. (Bunny bashing if your old enough to remember that infestation) Never did the actual bunny bashing but the farmers used to hand out crates of 22 shells if you'd use them to diminish the population. A 10-22 barrell would get awful hot before you'd have to reload (30 round clips strapped together). Ahhh...the old days :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Still for sale, make a reasonable offer.

You know what I'd like to get for it, but that doen'st seem likely so I'm open to offers at this time. No low-ballers please.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and there was part of a baby rabbit leg in the CBRII car! (from same trip as Chad's engine) Along with turds from about every little varmint you can think of! That shifter hole sure got a lot of use!

I may have got the intake manifold off of that very engine? Looked like there was zero miles on it, and I have it running in the CBRII now.

• 2 weeks later...

Compression is ~135 across the board, with only 2 PSi between high and low.

factory spec is 142 max and 121 min.

Motor has been pulled so no test drives are available, but it's ready to ship.

• 2 weeks later...