Adjustable Cam gears (ready to ship 4-27)

pagemo

squall...the adjustable timing gear is a benefit to any cam...your stock cam can be off as much as 10 degrees or so...shelby showed us that years ago. 1 or 2 degrees of cam timing can be a huge difference in hp/tq..it gives you the benefit of altering your peak power per rpm as well.

How do you know, got to degree it?

degreeing a cam is the biggest waste of time and just dumb. who says where the cam is supposed to be in the first place.

there is only one way to adjust a cam and its to put the car on the dyno and move the cam to different locations to see what give the best results.

Very nice work.. I will be sending my customers to you as needed. Chris Viper will be getting in touch with you soon about one. Also the current engine we are rebuilding will be needing one.

Thanks for supporting the Starquest community by providing after market produsts that are American Made and Labor as well.

We used an adj cam gear here....

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6034/sspx04012sm.th.jpg

Yes there are 9 out of the 18 total left. I got the bill from my machine shop and to say the least these will be the last for this price. They called this weekend and due to the casting differences it takes a good deal of time to custom fit each piece.

At any rate I will sell the rest at this price but in the event any more are made I would have to adjust the price or make them myself which is a issue of having the time to complete them I guess it just depends on the demand.

Let me know if you need one... but it is first come first serve as payment is received because I need to recoup my investment as quickly as possible.

Scott

I received several payments this week end and they will ship today thanks.

Here is the gears with timing marks, I had to machine these as I did not have time to use our laser (it is busy with actual company work :( )

any way please note there is some casting marks left on some of these around the center section this is just imperfections in the original casting and we did not want to take away excess material to remove this just for looks.

The timing marks are 2 deg so spliting each would be a 1 deg adjustment.

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/pagemo/timing%20(2).jpg

degreeing a cam is the biggest waste of time and just dumb. who says where the cam is supposed to be in the first place.

What??? Degreeing is not any sort of waste. Have you ever done a cam and see the results Art?

You need to get your cam centerlined and in time so you know where your at.

The cam card tells you where your ZERO point is and when the valves open and close.

I suppose timing a distributor is a waste too?? Throw it on a dyno and set it??

:?

• 5 months later...