Need more fuel than 255lph What has been done?

I'm in the middle of building a car.. might not be a 2.6 but it is MPI and its in a Starquest. Im aiming for around 600hp and dont think that the Walbro 255 will be enough. I have looked into the Aeromotive A1000 but it basically requires a booster pump. I'm curious to see what others have done when 255lph was not enough.

SX Performance Model 18201 Fuel Pump

http://store.yahoo.com/turboimports/sxpermod18fu.html

Havn't purchase from them yet, So not sure how they rate.

That site is BS for fuel injection system it can only support up to 750HP and 1300HP for carbs. I have one and i went to the actual site to know the truth. I have one and you must be used to loud pumps because it is and its awesome. I paid $300 for mine. O yea btw, that 255L pump doesn't support 850HP Kev_rm how did you get that math because that doesn't do crap. One of the drag car makes about 850HP and had to use 3 255L pumps. I wouldn't post something until you 100% know about it. I do post stuff like that but i don't say im right i say i think not sure.

Math is sound, but I used N/A BSFC, with a turbo BCSF it's more like 700hp, but whatever.

Perhaps this "drag" car was using something other than gasoline?

yea alcohol it ran on plus it had nos. I assumed you used the turbo one thats y i thought it wasn't true. Plus i was told when i ordered the 255 that i was going to be pushing 500HP and he said that one pump will not be enough and i would have to do dual. So i was like screw it and got the sx performance pump and using fittings really easy. Sorry hope I didn't scare ya off i just been reading alot bs lately and it got to me.

Jeff

Good choice.

I will be using the SX Performance 18203 Pump.

750 is more than enough for a street car. I just like high quality stuff.

I know a few people that have had over heating issues with the 255 pump and had to replace them. That was enough for me to choose the SX.

Math is sound, but I used N/A BSFC, with a turbo BCSF it's more like 700hp, but whatever.

Perhaps this "drag" car was using something other than gasoline?

I've seen NUMEROUS Supras running the 255LPH and making high power numbers in the range of 500 HP to what you said Kev_rm. So your not too far off.

Of course alcohol is going to need more fuel. You need almost 2X's what you need from gas!!

Edit:

Here's a 640 RWHP Supra runing DUAL Walbro...

http://www.paul-mendelson.com/supra.html

if you go alky, make sure your pumps capable for it.(i.e no rubber seals)

i use a stock pump, that feeds a 3' long 3/4" SS fuel log, which has a Bosch 295lph black pump, that feed my 3/8ths alum line.

yes it is as confusing as it sounds, i think ill just get a walbro.

other car has the Aeromotive Tsunami, but its not FFV (fluc Fuel Veh) capable.

isn't some ford cars and trucks FFV? fluc fuel veh from factory?

then again i know nothing about how YOU want YOUR car to be setup!

enlighten us.

Randiesel, do you mean flex fuel?

yeah FFV with the little leaf in the logo.

this

http://www.renewableenergypartners.org/images/ffv_id.jpg

runs on this s*** as well as regular fuel(s)

http://www.renewableenergypartners.org/images/e85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the A1000, but then I started reading all of the manuals on their website. They say you pretty much need the $300 "controller" if you run the car for more than 30 min.. and you need an in tank pump to get fuel to it or else NEVER go below half a tank of fuel.

I ended up finding 2x 255lph Walbros on ebay for $200 shipped with fittings. Not quite sure if I need both of them at the moment. I had seen the SX pump before but didnt trust it for some reason. I also got alot of info from the rally guys at specialstage.com (those guys are brilliant) and they sometimes use 3 pumps for redundancy with extra "standby" circuits incase something fails.

I'll have to look in my tank and see what I want to do about making 2 work. I havent heard of any cars making over 500hp that didnt need 2 pumps.

Hrmm... one or 2.... hrrmmmmm....