A faster Server?

Kryten93

for some time now i have noticed the site running horribly slow.. there was only 35 users ans 20 guests and it took over 10 min to access a post. and im on a connection equal to a T3. other sites i frequent carry over 300 users at any one time with little slowdown and even carry picture servers. i know that faster servers and more bandwidth cost. but its not THAT expensive

I'm on a dial-up, and rarely do I ever have a problem with it not loading in just a few seconds. If someone posts a huge hi-res pic, it takes more time, but other than that, the pages ALWAYS pop right up for me, even when others are complaining how slow it is for them?

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with the speed. I'm on DSL and this site is pretty darn slow. Seems to fluctuate though. Not sure if it's on my end or what but don't have any problems with other sites. Still a damn good website!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I think its the size of the forum & the fact the message board is done in perl, rather tan the server its self... just my 2 cents. If you REALLLY wan to wait a long time, try to view all your old posts, that will take forever....