2 Quick suggestions...

UltimateLurker

1. The moment a user posts he/she should be taken back to the post, not just the thread, the post itself (many people like to re-read their posts/replies but hate using a "preview" button).

2. Allow the post/reply to be edited within 2 minutes without attaching the "this post was last edited on..." information.

1. The moment a user posts he/she should be taken back to the post, not just the thread, the post itself (many people like to re-read their posts/replies but hate using a "preview" button).

-If you need to re-read your own post immediately after you write it, you're an egocentric freak.  :P

2. Allow the post/reply to be edited within 2 minutes without attaching the "this post was last edited on..." information.

-That's really nit picking.  ::)

Buck up and accept the fact that when people see, "this post was last edited on...," they know you f'd up.  ;)    Hell, look at all of my posts! :-X

Man, what hostility, wha't up with that?

1. I am an egocentric freak, and the feature I suggested is commonplace on BIG message boards

2. As mentioned above, this is also a feature of many larger message boards, too bad you don't like it.  Me?  I never edit my posts, if I need to, I just copy/past, delete the entire post, then fix it and repost it.

Aren't we a bit touchy?  ::)

Sarcasm you can dish, but apparently not take?

1) "BIG," (as you put it), message boards have it. Are you attempting to goad me into some sense of, "Hey, we're a "BIG" board too?!" lol

Or are you saying that it is too much effort to scroll down to look at the post you just made?

2) Again with the, "larger message boards," what do larger message boards have to do with anything?

More to the point, what does the phrase, "this post last edited on," matter?? How many people actually pay attention to it? What do you feel others will think if they see it....what do you think of people when you see that they edited their posts? Why is 2 minutes the "magic" time frame to give?

Besides, it was part of the code already, not something that was put in to make people feel any particular way.

Me?  I never edit my posts, if I need to, I just copy/past, delete the entire post, then fix it and repost it.

You are an egocentric freak dude!  :P  ;)

I honestly don't understand why you have issues with either of these things, that's all.

I never edit mine either. And half the time my posts are a poster child for bad grammar. But, I think the parts of them I do get right, when jumbled together, get my point accross o.k.

burton

1.The key on the keyboard gets you there with one hit. Home takes you back up. Do those other boards have a way to take you to another thread in the same view as where your individual post is? I kind of like popping to another thread right when the last thread I posted on pops back up after posting.

2. I don't understand about the editing info? I never look at that myself? Maybe I should since I have mod duties it would help me with, but I never think to look?

I re-read my posts right after I post em. I don't mind pushing the mouse wheel to fly down to the end. I never thought og the end button LOL.  Depending on the ammount of alcohol involved I can edit a post seven times before it is finished HEHE.

I belonged to 3 major message boards before I joined SQC, immidately there were several features I missed coming here, the 2 I mentioned were just a test.  Yeah, you read it right, a test.  I just wanted to see how the site admin dealt with tiny issues concerning personal preference.  Now I know, no worries, forget I said anything. :)

P.S.  "Big", "Major", "Larger", these words weren't put there to goad you, think of them as synonymous with "Superior" (IMHO).

[RANT]

P.S.S.  I consider this site to be the ultimate site for SQ owners, but truly, that's not saying much given the competition.  It can't hurt to learn a little from the big/superior boards can it?  Just because you don't have time or inclination to write it into the code means nothing, and your opinion is only your opinion...start a poll if you really want opinions.  After all, this site isn't just for you is it Marc?

[/RANT]

"Do those other boards have a way to take you to another thread in the same view as where your individual post is?"

The moment I get to my S2K site it shows the last 10 posts/threads I posted to, it also shows the last user that posted and will send me an email if I wish.  Of course, it also gives me 5 email accounts at 10MB each and unlimited picture-hosting so we won't go there...lol.

"I don't understand about the editing info? I never look at that myself? Maybe I should since I have mod duties it would help me with, but I never think to look?"

MANY people like to review their posts immidately, they also think better of some things they said the moment they do.  Dis-allowing the "edited" tag allows them to kind of 'save face' when they post something stupid to a heated thread and then immidately edit it.  Think back, you've seen a zillion examples of this, but Marc is perfect...he always says exactly what he means and NEVER edits his posts within the first 2 minutes ;D.

Just messin' with you Marc :).

I belonged to 3 major message boards before I joined SQC, immidately there were several features I missed coming here, the 2 I mentioned were just a test.  Yeah, you read it right, a test.  I just wanted to see how the site admin dealt with tiny issues concerning personal preference.  Now I know, no worries, forget I said anything. :)

P.S.  "Big", "Major", "Larger", these words weren't put there to goad you, think of them as synonymous with "Superior" (IMHO).

[RANT]

P.S.S.  I consider this site to be the ultimate site for SQ owners, but truly, that's not saying much given the competition.  It can't hurt to learn a little from the big/superior boards can it?  Just because you don't have time or inclination to write it into the code means nothing, and your opinion is only your opinion...start a poll if you really want opinions.  After all, this site isn't just for you is it Marc?

[/RANT]

::)  ::)  ::)

I edit my posts a lot, partly because of spelling errors, partly because I do have a second, or third thought about posting some things, but I don't care if others see that I edited it. You'd be amazed at how much I held back here.....  ;)

Dunno about the first opinion, but the second, about taking away the "this post was edited" comment.  Why does it really matter?  We all screw up and realize "hey, I should put that another way."  It usually doesn't tip people off and make people go "hey, what'd he really say."  If you think that's what it means, you've got issues.  ;)

If, by superior, you mean broken, non cross browser compliant, then yes, www.s2000.com is superior ;)

The moment I get to my S2K site it shows the last 10 posts/threads I posted to, it also shows the last user that posted and will send me an email if I wish.  Of course, it also gives me 5 email accounts at 10MB each and unlimited picture-hosting so we won't go there...lol

Where are these sites? How do they support the emails and images? Can you post (or PM me) some links so I can see what you mean? I'm still looking for ideas for new features, so point me at some of these things...

Bob, dude, that's NOT my S2K site...lol.  Try...

www.s2ki.com

As far as support, for the first 2 years I belonged to the site it was free, then CTHREE (Mr. Owner like you) did what you're doing with the donation thing.  Shortly thereafter he announced that the site would remain free but if you wanted to have "gold" status you could pay your $50 a year (which I was happy to do) and get several large email accounts and unlimited picture hosting-linking among other things.  I have over 100 pictures in my account as we speak, but I like to keep it thin, I don't want to take advantage :).

I could say more, but I'll leave it at that http://www.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/44233/.