Did a little interior remodeling

artinist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am trying to figure out what color to do to my interior. It is black leather. I am going to be doing blue on the engine bay, and so i would like to use blue for my interior accents, but i don't like the look of black interior with electric neon blue "accents" and i would kinda like the accent colors on the interior to match those on the engine. I was also wondering what parts of the leather interior (aside from the seats) are actually leather. Thanks

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They sell universal racing seats on ebay, very dirt cheap, they are going for less than $100 for a pair of 2.

And Artinist,

I see you live in the Los Angeles Area, which is very close to me.   maybe if you could take the time to help me install some things on my Starion, being that i'm relatively new to the community.

Artinist, int. looks awesome, wher do you find the mar hyde surface prep? I didnt read that part before I tried this on my int. ::) didnt work so well! now I've got to sand and start over :'( what prep did you do for the door panels? Thanks! Bam

• 2 weeks later...
Those gauge panels look great dont they? Art, how did you modify the heater vent to allow the gauge to fit? As you can see from my pic I havent figured out what to do yet. Id hate to hack at it with the dremel.

http://members.aol.com/ixhitman/gauges2.jpg

I love seeing these installed. Believe it or not I used a hole saw through the opening to cut the duct then glued in the appropriate size aresol can lid (trimmed) to re-seal off the duct. I hope to get these out again real soon (work willing).

Artinist, beautiful wor on the a/c unit! what did you use to tie the two together to make it like a din-sized stereo?  Would love to do that to my '88!  W.

well the sterero just screws to the factory metal side brackets. I got some 1/4 thick plastic and cut them to size and glued them on side of the AC controler so it it was physically similar to a stereo and then i screw it to the metal brackets just like the stereo.

• 3 weeks later...

ok,,,,I was trying to move my ac controls today,,,,,you say the wires are long enough but,,,,,seems as if mine are not,,,,I pulled and pulled and got just enough to plug it up but not mount it right.

Is there something im doing wrong ?

I think i pulled so hard one time that I think the battery moved,,,,lol,,,,j/k

Just to let ya know that I was pulling hard,,,,but I didnt want to mess anything up.

Solutions ?

Thanx

Jay

• 9 months later...
nicely done man. I wanted to do aluminum in the areas you did silver. Like brushed aluminum is about the only thing I think could look any better than what you did. it looks fantastic. i'd buy that gauge cluster for the AC area if you produced them, and I think others would to. I have the silver finish single din head unit ready to go. one thing you might be able to do to brighten it up a bit is take some brake fluid to that old coating on the ac controls. strips it right off and shines them up like new. give it a try. and keep the info coming on that work you did. I think it will be copied many times.

jolyrgr used to make them and sell them. be sure you have three guages to go in there and you only put it in once. it'll scratch that area because of friction fit.

• 4 weeks later...