vertical doors

creed

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I will do some calc with the 80^ figure.

I just meant, I did not want oh they weigh 35 ^s, there is just no way.

Actually, I think I did the rough 2-250 pressure with a weight of 75 or so...  so maybe to be safe get a strut(s) that can push 300ish ^s.

This is where it gets tricky, and expensive... someone try to find the part number for the Delorian door struts... If memory serves, they were only about 14" long compressed. and they used 2. We could get by with 1 probly as the angle of attack and pitch force is far less then the Delorians. (plus they have close to a 150^ door)

My uncle was on the design team for the Delorian.  If anybody would know, it'd be him.  I'll have my dad contact him ASAP.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I worship DMC's like i do quests!! can i have his signature??!! I'd like to talk to him.  :o

Hehe I can try, but I won't promise anything.

Is the ticker on this thread pretty much dead?

Updates? Fuggedahboutit? Don't know?

Again. I have heard nothing.

He has the designs I did.

I am about to go over everything again, and take care of some more things that I saw that would come up and go to a machine shop myself.

But I also have other things going on, like the 54B trans adapters that I am tring to get started, but no one is coming up with any info for me so they are pretty much on life support as it is. I am also aiding in showing Joe what needs to be done to correctly install a cowl scoop on his quest. Then tack in aiding in building a 4G63, and swapping trans parts for a D50 trans... I got ALOT going on.

When I have 2 major things done, completely done, I will pick this back up personally and breathe new life into it. Until then, I cannot do anything about it.

Has anyone tride the kit they sell in the sportcompact mag?

you mean the one for over a grand?

I am looking at eventually making a kit because for some reason Creed has stopped updates and I cannot get ahold of him. I made the basic design, and he had the hook up for the machine work, so it was gonna be like under 150 for the kit.

I called around to some places and took them the diagrams, and they qouted me under 150 for metal and machining, then you just have to buy the DMC (Delorian Motor Company) door struts for I forget(see link somewhere in the thread), but anyway you add those to this kit and you are done. So this is still very feasible for under 300. Just gotta give me time to get other more important projects out of the way.

Well whoever comes up with one, you have two immediate buyers right off the bat, if I'm not mistaken.  I will surely be in line for it, and a friend of mine here who has another one may very well be in on it.  I do have a question though...  How will the strut fit in the stock door location?  I'd think that there'd have to be some cutting involved.  Also, I'll be taking my Conquest in its barely decent looking condition to Hot Import Nights in Atlanta on August 21.  Anyone that wants to join me is fully welcome, and if you're in just quote & reply!  If the product is finished by that time, I imagine that by the sight of that, any other Starquest owner in the vicinity will be scrambling to get one.  If not, I'm going again next year with a fully modified Conquest, complete with my GROUNDBREAKERS Aerofunction GT body kit and JSP Grand Touring wing.

Well whoever comes up with one, you have two immediate buyers right off the bat, if I'm not mistaken.  I will surely be in line for it, and a friend of mine here who has another one may very well be in on it.  I do have a question though...  How will the strut fit in the stock door location?  I'd think that there'd have to be some cutting involved.  Also, I'll be taking my Conquest in its barely decent looking condition to Hot Import Nights in Atlanta on August 21.  Anyone that wants to join me is fully welcome, and if you're in just quote & reply!  If the product is finished by that time, I imagine that by the sight of that, any other Starquest owner in the vicinity will be scrambling to get one.  If not, I'm going again next year with a fully modified Conquest, complete with my GROUNDBREAKERS Aerofunction GT body kit and JSP Grand Touring wing.

I have been scoping out several struts. All of which will fit just fine in the very large area I have to work with.

Don't worry when this is picked back up by myself... things will be right, simple bolt on and have no need for adjustments.

I will estimate around 3-5 weeks before I can get on this one full steam if things go better, maybe as soon as 2-3. If Joe and myself get pounding and spend every free second bleeding on his car... well... 2 weeks from now would be cake.

What is killing us is waiting for parts.

as much time as I have put into my car and having no end to the work that I have yet to do on it, I can wait patiently for someone to get them to completion.

take your time.

Thanks Chris

Just how expensive would we be talking for the gullwing doors.  Every since I saw one on a quest I have been dreamin of em on my car.  If anyone wants a pic send me ur email addy and ill show ya what it looks like.

Just how expensive would we be talking for the gullwing doors.  Every since I saw one on a quest I have been dreamin of em on my car.  If anyone wants a pic send me ur email addy and ill show ya what it looks like.

LOL Thousands on top of thousands. You have to really beef up the frame, more fabing work than anyone wants to do. If you want to imbark on it than go for it but just remember your really cutting up the roof and that thing an't strong so you will have to beef that up, with the roof cut that puts a load on the underbody frame rails and you will have to beef those up, and i think i read somewhere that the body would twist... LOTS of work

It was SO CLOSE too!  Damn!  Look, I've got a source for someone who might be able to make 'em.  Hook me up with the blueprints or something and I'll take it over.  He needs the work and we need these doors.

i am trying to aggrivate, no one can make a thread, and just abandon us like this. I'm giving up. >:(

Ok... to get a few thrings straight...

1. I did not make this thread.

2. I offered a basic design that I came up with to be used by the person that had the hook up to get these made.

3. After little to no contact with creed, and the continued interest I offered to step up and have a machine shop look at my design after I refined a few things.

I said that my getting personally involved COULD happen within 2-3 weeks if things went well with other projects I have going on and that I am helping-out with.

Right now Joe is in finacial trouble tring to find a summer job to finish the project we have going.

So this trouble may lead to Joe and I finishing the vertical door thing VERY soon, so that funds can be raised to finish the project.

THIS IS THE LATEST GOING ON.

Under Joe's prodding, I have decided to put this project FIRST and FOREMOST in line so we can get some bank roll going.

SO BY THIS FRIDAY I expect to have a finished machine diagram done and hopefully be getting quotes next week. I will have 1 set ran then test and fit with pics.

After that, I will take names and deposits. I will give any and all parts and part numbers needed to make the hinges function propperly.

As was stated before, I would like to have this available for under $300.

The latest has been passed. It also looks like there is not enough interest, or dedication for information for the transmission adapters so I am expecting to be done with that this friday.