Simple Question Yes or No.....

Right now my rear strut assemblies are off of the car and ready to be installed. My question is, once they are installed, and the weight of the car is lowered back onto the ground, will the rear struts compress even just a little bit, or stay fully extended once installed and the car is on the ground???

Need to know this because I've got some space between the top plate and ST Springs in the rear that could be eliminated if the strut will compress even a little once everything is installed. I want to get this thing back on the ground and check it out, the front looks nice, just need to get this rear finished up >:(

Yes, when I installed my Eibachs it was the same way.  I actualy installed them on the strut without a compressor because they were that much shorter than the stock springs.

So to be specific, your struts will compress with the weight of the car.

Niiiice, very glad to hear this, yes I didn't even have to think about using a compressor to install mine. Here is a pic, you can see the space I'm speaking of at the top, probably about 1/4 of an inch although it looks like more from this angle.

http://koquest.homestead.com/files/Im000316.jpg

dont worry about the springs being loose when the weight of the car is on on the suspension. just make sure that as you are lowering the car the spring is seated properly in the upper perch.

Damn,mise wern't like that at all.The front springs needed to be compressed and the rears I held down hard on the top spring perch and my girlfriend put on the strut nut. I also had a decent front strut mount go bad right after install, It sounded like clik'aty clank clk'aty clank the quest takes more more money from my piggy bank.  ;D

just watch out for those jumps!

I'm thinking about making an threaded adjustable height tops for the struts so that you can adjust the height of the strut so the valving has less chance to bottom out.  Am I crazy?