sleepy look headlights

Well, the ghetto way to do it is to pull out the fuse that is for the headlight motors.  Turn on the headlights and tap the fuse into the socket untill you get the headlights where you want them.  Sometimes one light will come up before the other so you'll have to try a couple of times.  I've never done this but, I friend of mine did this to his Starion and still does this to his MR2.  

-Tim

Well, the ghetto way to do it is to pull out the fuse that is for the headlight motors.  Turn on the headlights and tap the fuse into the socket untill you get the headlights where you want them.  Sometimes one light will come up before the other so you'll have to try a couple of times.  I've never done this but, I friend of mine did this to his Starion and still does this to his MR2.  

-Tim

better to install a toggle power interupt switch.

• 2 weeks later...

cannot do it with quests

the headlights would point almost straight at the ground

try a fixed mount head light assembly with a clear cover

might try to modify the mazda miata 4 inch headlight conversion

they use two smaller lights per headlight

doesn't matter where they point. now that i think about it, our cars wouldnt look right with that look cause our light covers are bent to flow with the front of the car, whereas 240's, probes, etc are flat and long. (the part you see when the headlights are closed)

i dont know if what i just typed makes any sense whatsoever, but...............

-chris

• 7 months later...

i actually did it...well not me really...my cousin was playing around with the headlamp switch and if you tap it (i think mine is just ghetto) the lights will go up a little bit...i personally like the look...just my 2 cents

josh

i added a toggle switch and separate fuse holder for the pop up circuit

i can either have it on all the time or adjust how much the lights come up by playing with the switch

its "totally sweet" like "ninjas"

i added a toggle switch and separate fuse holder for the pop up circuit

i can either have it on all the time or adjust how much the lights come up by playing with the switch

its "totally sweet" like "ninjas"

Do you think you could take a picture and show us what it looks like? Thanks alot

Kurt

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Yep, halfway open would be better IMO. Thats how I'm going to do them on the 87. They will come up halfway when the lights are on or the switch is in the "up" position. Otherwise they will be closed like normal..

Now before you say "the lights won't brighten up the road much aiming at the nose of the car", let me add that the big ugly lights will be replaced by some smaller, round projectors.

• 2 months later...

http://mars.walagata.com/w/tsi/Picture20031.jpg

that was from a while ago, i just ran my fog lights at night some people told me it was gay but i liked it.

edit, my motors were shot anyways so i just reached under and spun that little knob so the lights came up. they are back to normal now though