H4 light mod?

star88red

Hey,

Yes, you can purcahse new H4 headlights from anywhere between 40-55 dollars plus the lights.  They  will drop in without modifications. ive seen them on ebay, or you can get them through summit or any aftermarket store.

Hope this helps,

TurboBladz

Hey,

Yes, you can purcahse new H4 headlights from anywhere between 40-55 dollars plus the lights.  They  will drop in without modifications. ive seen them on ebay, or you can get them through summit or any aftermarket store.

Hope this helps,

TurboBladz

I thought the headlights were sealed beam!

they're REPLACEMENT lights that convert to an H4 bulb design. just think of it as replacing your burnout sealed beam with a new one but instead of it being sealed again it has an H4 bulb inside. same size, same mounting, same plug and play capability, no modification necessary if you get the right size.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Hella offroad lights with 90/130 watt bulbs very bright indeed.

I also have the 110amp alt. powering my elec. out of 95 Mazda Millinia 2.5

be careful which lights you get some are plastic...

Joe, one of the TSC members, had some really cool headlights on his car at the last meet, they were blue at night and definitely had a different look to them as far as the assembly itself, he said he got them from OReilly's and they were a direct replacment, very sharp, I should have took pics.

well you won't lose your high beams, i promise.  like i said, the H4 plug should be the same as the factory sealed beams.  there's really no way to lose your brights.

the ones on ebay for $35 look like a pretty good deal.  they are the "diamond cut" clear glass ones with bulbs and the little blue running lights.

the ones on ebay for $35 look like a pretty good deal.  they are the "diamond cut" clear glass ones with bulbs and the little blue running lights.

Those are the ones that I have, and I think they are great.  i didnt hook up the blue running lights, but still they are better than stock by far.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the AIC Halogen H4 Diamond headlight assy. along with the H4 bulbs.  Part # 40.3654.HL

It was easy and straightforward - and they look great. The hardest part with the assembly was removing the retaining spring screw/washer combo and then reinstalling it along with the rubber boot over the connector base of the H4 bulb.  The bulb connectors hook right up to the stock connector plug assembly.  :)

Both low and high beams work along with my fog light mod (they still go out when I hit the high beams).  I did notice right away tonight that my stock fog light bulbs are much easier to see illuminating the road with the H4 bulbs and I am unsure whether the H4's are really better than the stockers.  The hardest part was removing the rusted stock bezel screws - some PB Blaster took care of that, thankfully.  

I also bought the H3 Extreme White bulbs for the fog lights.  Part # 15255

But earlier today I found out I shouldn't run them without also hooking up a Bosch relay.  The guy that convinced me to buy them owns a Conquest, but failed to mention that little tidbit!   >:(

So doing a little research saved my Starion some possible damage.   :D

• 1 month later...
I had a set on MR2 before that b*%&h hit it.  They were the glass ones.  They cost me over $100, and man were they PHAT.  Anyway, the plug on a H4 bulb is the same as the seal beam that fits in the StarQuest (can't remeber part number).  They bolt right in, like changeing a headlight.  The bulb clips into the back.  It's just like a sealed beam but you can replace to bulb inside. If you look into a sealed beam, you can see the bulb inside, it looks like a H4 bulb.  And you don't loose you high beam.

I'm not sure...that's what I have heard from people who have instaled them....."that they lost there brights". but I've also heard from people that they have not. There are many different kits avalible on ebay.

Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1874576993

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have those on my 88,they the diamond cut h4 lites,they fit perfect no special

project should take about 20 minutes to do, they are bright and i still have my

high beam,and they kinda bluish but not corny looking.

• 4 weeks later...

these are the best light assemblies out there with a replacemnt bulb. notice that inside there is reflector right in front of where the bulb is so technically you dont see the bulb when installed. benefit of this is that the light is projected more where you need it and less where you dont. the regular light assemblies without these are noticable off center when going to highbeams.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...;category=33710

as for the lamps, stay with brand name. they last much longer than the typical junk on the street and the color is mucht more HID like. the sylvanias are great, so are CATS and PIAA.

note, for when getting replacent bulbs for the fog lights, get something less than 100 watts. they work initially but they tend to burn the relay or the fuse thats near the steering wheel column someplace. I still havnet been albe to find the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody tried these? they look pretty cool.

http://www.altezzawarehouse.com/cgi-bin/al.../UN9901PHL.html

I like that projector one. I came across these other ones also. they are the angel eyse style and have the center reflector as well.

http://www.mookeeh.com/head/seal/6X7.html

http://63.251.78.219/Image%20file/Starquests/may3meet/DSC04126.JPG

that looks NICE!

i have had 3 differant kinds of convertions. i allways go back to the hella. it projects the light just whare you need it. so you can run veay bright lights and not blind people.  the high beams are veay good. the best thing is that the glass is polished and will last a long time.