Electromotive TEC tips and tricks

sorry to hihack

heefner, do you have a phone number for bill (pm me if you do)

i bought a brand new head he did the work on and installed stainless valves. The kid i bought it from bent all 4 intake valves so i need to find out waht brand and size he put in it.

Monty

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check all the sensors on the engine monitor screen and they all read what I would expect. It starts, runs for 10 seconds smooth then goes way lean and pops and misses. I swaped the entire Tec unit coils and all and it had no effect. I'm grasping at straws now. I plan to drain the tank and put in some fresh fuel. I may pull the intake to verify that its not sucking in coolant at idle.

Batery is 15+ volts I'm about to tear into fuel system. My gauge is reading on the return line 50 psi at idle and it goes up 1:1 with boost. Now I'm thinking maybe some bad fuel?

Its always been that way, I've never messed with it and have never had any issues with it. :? I changed my intake gasket to the flepro, cleaned some gunk out of the fuel filter and it still pops and and idles way lean. Compression test yeilds +/- 4% across the board. Plugs look good it runs ok out on the street anywhere above 15 inHg, it just idles like poop. I'm going to do a leak down test on it wed.

Have you tried the Ol' spray some WD40 or carb cleaner on fittings and the intake flange to see if you getting any air leaks? If everything is reading where it is supposed to, then it sounds to me like extra air is getting in after the TB. You could also pressure test your system, and see if you hear any air leaks.

• 5 years later...