Magna & Fuel Injection Pros ecu.

Has anyone used a magna intake with the ecu available from fuel injection pros? This seems like the cheapest way to run a mpi system to me.  Is it worth it or are the benefits of running a standalone system worth the extra cash?? Im saving for a mpi system trying to get some ideas. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was just wondering how how it performs compared to a more expensive haltech or hawk system, it is significantly cheaper. One of the more expensive systems is out of my budget. Just wanted to know if the more expensive ones are actually worth it.

One difference I think is the HAWK and HalTech control ignition also..

• 1 month later...

While the FuelInjectionPro setup does not "control" ignition it works great. Also, the software is adequate and let's face it, once the thing is tuned how much time do you spend using the software anyway. On the other hand having an in dash that displays real-time from the FIP computer would be really cool!

BTW, check out the FIP group purchase!

• 1 month later...
Well start the clock on me. I just ordered my FC-1 and matching injectors from ED .  Paypal just minutes ago. My Magna is waiting :)  Hope I can get it all done in a few days I will be driving the Rx7 soon as it gets out of the paint shop  ;D  I will be using a Ford TB (I will try to get a 70mm one but 65 might have to work too) .  Everything else will be sourced from ED (Idle bypass valve, computer, injectors, ignition module..)   (Im scared!!  :o :o :o)   Why am I doing this? Well my Magna is collecting dust, and I have my car pretty well sorted out, but I want mo powa!

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like forever .. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

..Waiting........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seems like forever .. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

..Waiting........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dc,

Your on the list, but don't know if you've been naughty or nice!

Soon that package will come. (Will most likely use UPS, as that sled and reindeer setup has a high overhead!)

We have a lot of orders and each kit is handmade and tested. We try to keep to our standard shipping time of around 4-6 weeks, depends on what kit is ordered.

Thanks for useing our products.

Ed

Hey santa no problem gave me time to sort out some things with the car .. Still trying to decide how to route my IC lines when the car gets modded.. Oh well .. twiddle twiddle.........................................................................

.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(Drink beer)............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Still having fun beating people up with the stock TBI..Hehehehe

I'm in the process of installing one of these too.  Should be up in a week or two.  There's a lot of little time consuming details  that can be done while waiting for the FIP kit.   Installing the kit itself is the easy part, probably takes less than a day.  The instructions are clear and easy to follow.

ED, I need the diagram for hooking up the Ford 4.6 TPS please.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/displayimage...um=66&pos=1

I'm in the process of installing one of these too.  Should be up in a week or two.  There's a lot of little time consuming details  that can be done while waiting for the FIP kit.   Installing the kit itself is the easy part, probably takes less than a day.  The instructions are clear and easy to follow.

ED, I need the diagram for hooking up the Ford 4.6 TPS please.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/displayimage...at=0&pos=13

Making drawing today and will send to you.

ED

Tom_Cat,

Our standard shipping time is 4 to 6 weeks on TB kits and we try to ship in the order the orders are received. HURRICANES-4 are at 6- 8 weeks right now.

Your TB-PRO1 kit and IAM-1 has shipped and is to be to you Saturday 3/12, which is 4 weeks. The tracking info was sent. The TD-1 is done and beening test and will arrive next week.

Each of our product is hand made and tested as ordered. We have many kits in use and the demand for our systems has increased, with many on order right now.

Every customer is important to us and we always do the best we can to keep each one happy. We also try to answer all E-Mails and phone calls reguarding orders.

The TB-PRO1 that I through was ready was missing parts, that we had to wait for, my mistake.

Ed

FuelinjectionPro.com

To be fair those guys are really staying in touch and keeping me informed about my status.. Im just being impatient .. Sorry guys hope you dont take my stupid messages too seriously.. I promise to go away for a while once I get my kit.. BTW that email about the 'secret news' is awesome!!!

FIP Posse For Shizzle

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about FIP products, other than the Hurricane intake is a nice looking piece. I will say this though, I have spoke to Scott(Ed's other half) on the phone a few times and they seem like good guys. We should feel fortunate to have someone offer good alternatives for our cars, because as we all know this is a relatively small market.  

As far as the tranny swap. I think its a very nice set up. However, be prepared to spend 3 to 4K to get one.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me locate an Intake Gasket for a Magna Gen 2 please?   I'm having a devil of a time.  I purchased the head from someone on ebay that was physically living in australlia.  The heads great and flowing like a river (190 exh. and 211 intake).  I have chads 8 injector intake with custom T3/T4 ceramic ball bearing, Haltec E11v2, and TEP's custome exhaust manifold with delta-racegate.  Everything's ready to go, just need the intake gasket!!

Thanks

Chris