isuzu mpi manifold.

If I had a digital camera I would take a picture of the isuzu manifold with my intake gasket sitting on top. It will require the same mods as the magna intake.one coolant passage will have to be welded in a bit but it aligns almost perfect. Then weld on a thermostat housing like the magna. The throttle body lines up to work out pretty much with stock intake plumbing.

someone gave me an sr20 200sx se-r motor. I figured the port spacing looked close to the 2.6, so I pulled the intake and tried it.

The runners line up, only ~1/8" off at end ports.

Its a two piece mani as well.

Throttle body already happen to face the front.

You'd have to weld the 2.6 intake flange onto the sr flange and port match/ clean up with porting bit (oblong sr port shape).

Thermostat housing mods needed too.

don't seem like a big deal at all

The manifold is off of a 2.6 truck or rodeo. I was thinking of running the whole mpi set up. I know it is not designed for turbo but I will probally only run 7-10 pounds of boost. Get a msd btm, Rising rate fuel pressure reg, May be bigger injectors and giv er.

Looks mean... almost like a header. Maybe what Q was talking about using.

Is that intake steel or aluminum ?

Can't see any injector bosses from the photo I viewed... unless u photo'd the intake upside down

I wonder how that would work under boost. Plenum volume won't play a role ?

Looks mean... almost like a header. Maybe what Q was talking about using.

Is that intake steel or aluminum ?

Can't see any injector bosses from the photo I viewed... unless u photo'd the intake upside down

I wonder how that would work under boost. Plenum volume won't play a role ?

No I took the pics right side up, Injectors bosses are going to be welded when the flange is completely port matched to the head. The intake is made of steel.

sorry, don't have any photos of the sr mani, but its NOT the early 91/2 version with the inveted plenum. Doesn't sit as tall as a magna. Has shorter runers. Same width as stock intake (distance from head)

I found an MPI mani at the yard last weekend with a large throttle body and when i went to remove the plenum to just get the runners and rail it had 4 additioanle throttle body's inside......yep 4 inside 1 at end of plenum.

it was controlled by vacuum not cable like the main throttlebody.

DITCHIN THE MX6 intake and using this one due to volume in runners and throttle bodys located in each port.

:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2471091395

I just saw this and thought I'd throw it into the mix. It's a '97 Hyundia Tiburon intake. Don't know the dimensions, looks like it's fairly tall. Might be worth looking into if you know where to find one...

I found an MPI mani at the yard last weekend with a large throttle body and when i went to remove the plenum to just get the runners and rail it had 4 additioanle throttle body's inside......yep 4 inside 1 at end of plenum.

it was controlled by vacuum not cable like the main throttlebody.

So if you loose vacuum in that line the motor shuts off...?  ???

I dont think those are throttle bodies. Those butterflies in the runners are to change the lengths of the runners for low end torque, and high rpm horsepower. In a turbocharged car air is forced into the engine. Therefore you dont need butterflies in the runners because we dont have the normally aspirated low amount of "ram effect". I would advise against placing restrictions of any kind in the runners of a turbocharged car!

so what kind of car had that?  was it the cyclone intake for the 4g63 that wasn't available over here?

by the way, any of the 5000/200 audi turbos (any maybe others), if you loose a vacuum line or removed the oil cap, the car will die and won't restart, at least with that cap off, I don't think that engine ever has much/any vacuum, could be why the brakes are hydraulic, even some leaking hoses will make it hard to start and run like poop

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...332930&rd=1

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/99/e5/e4_1_b.JPG

Has anyone ever thought about seeing how the manifold on the eclipse 1.8 fits comparred to our gasket. I just saw one in a pic and it looks like the magna's little bro.

Here's pics of the Mazda gasket on our stock intake.  There are no water passages in the Mazda.  The spacing is great.  Looks like it require The runners be cut and then "massaged" onto a mitu flange.

http://pics.montypics.com/srpoly/2004-04-13/1081885602_gaskets.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/srpoly/2004-04-13/1081885653_mazda_intake.jpg

The first is not a quest gasket, just a "rub" of a manifold that I have.

-MatB

one way to use that would be to get a thick adapter, around 1" to go between the intake and the head to be able to somewhat smooth the flow in the transition from the oval to the round port. and then do something with the mounting studs.i guess its doable but its a lot of work.

so you plan on cutting the runners and welding it to the facotry intake plate? how are you going to do the port matching?

one way to use that would be to get a thick adapter, around 1" to go between the intake and the head to be able to somewhat smooth the flow in the transition from the oval to the round port. and then do something with the mounting studs.i guess its doable but its a lot of work.

so you plan on cutting the runners and welding it to the facotry intake plate? how are you going to do the port matching?

Actually, I'm not ;)  I just took the pics for reference.  Kinda funny- I've been eavesdropping on this thread.  My next door neighbor is a mechanic, and I knew he had a 2.6 Mazda pickup that he was rebuilding.  I thought- perfect those guys want the picture, I can get it real easy......... Then I re-read this and notice that I mixed up the Mazda/Isuzu thing. ::)   Oh well- file this one away for reference ;D

-MatB