Chrysler 2.5 Turbo EFI conversion

has anyone used the chrysler efi for their MPI conversion? i was thinking about using one of those modded aussie manifolds with a custom SMEC from chrysler. you can get the SMEC for about 200 dollars use a GM 3 bar map sensor and high flow inj's for alot less than these stand alone systems ppl talk about.

i know a guy that did that to his XR4Ti and it runs like gang busters... shouldnt be that hard all you have to do is adapt the distributor and such.

any input would be well appreciated as i already have everything to put it together

eric

Haven't seen anyone do it but it can be done as you see in your friends car.

Providing you can supply that ECU with all its inputs it should work.

Getting the fuel maps and other adjustments in  check are another issue :)

yeah i guess the sensors will be the biggest trouble...

MAP sensor.

coolant temp.

speed sensor.

tps sensor.

knock sensor.

i think that's about it though i'll look through my FSM to see what else the ecu uses

the only one i think i might have trouble with might be the speed sensor since i dont even know if the mitsu's use one as of yet. lol.

more research is needed methinks.

eric

yeah i guess the sensors will be the biggest trouble...

MAP sensor.

coolant temp.

speed sensor.

tps sensor.

knock sensor.

i think that's about it though i'll look through my FSM to see what else the ecu uses

the only one i think i might have trouble with might be the speed sensor since i dont even know if the mitsu's use one as of yet. lol.

more research is needed methinks.

eric

I'd actually like to see someone retro fit another vehicles ECU and whatnot. There's a few considering the 4g63 turbo ECU too.

Look like it doable to get all those sensors in and working though I bet.

I mentioned the chrysler ecu idea twice or so on here. No interest.

Displacement may be close enough to get a decent fuel curve match, but if u gotta spend any money on tuning, then a lo buck standalone starts to make more sense.

You may not even need to adapt the distributor as the merkur guy did on his 2.3 since our pickup might be compatible with the chrysler.

the ecu/fuelmap/displacement shouldnt be too much of a problem as the ecu i have has adj boost from 14-28 psi, adjustable fuel curve and spark advance... its designed for a chry 2.5 intercooled running top rpm of about 5500 with 53 lb/hr inj at 55 psi static pressure. the only thing i'm really worried about is the knock sensor which i think i have worked out, as i have both FSM's that give the breakdown of the ranges in which they work... and the speed sensor.

if this works it should be half the price of the stand alone systems

we'll have to see.

eric

This may not go here but I have a question. Just ignore it if it's a stupid one.

Lets say you take a caravan intake. Put 8 low impedance injectors in it. The volume of those injectors could be equal to or greater than the volume of 2 secondaries. Or took a stock intake and put the injectors in the individual runners

Then lets say you split the signal 4 ways from the primary and secondary leads. And run them to the 8 injectors. And plug the injecor holes as well as the fuel coming in from the top of the stock fuel mixer. And instead use a fuel rail for the the injectors. I guess you could put NOS nozzels in the old injector holes if you wanted. (joke)

Now I know alot of you guys would say that doesn't solve the problem of flowing more air. But lets say you were going for "MPI junior" and were really more worried about evening out the fuel to the cylenders so you were not leaning one or more out under high boost.

Would this work? Would that be some sort of improvement over stock? Would it be a big waste of money?