Chad MPI intake pics???

the flange was too thick in some spots interfering with the valve cover.  this one was one of his testing designs, not considered one of his finished products.  the only problems i've been having were created by me, as far as getting the injectors to seal at the rail when it's pulled down at an angle instead of straight down like when i bought it.  i just didn't like the idea of the injector firing straight down into the runner (he's changed it to basically how i have mine now).

my impressions so far are great.  the car has excellent throttle response compared to a stock tbi car, and even with the big turbo on there it just wants so badly to spool up with this much flow (i was hitting 5psi at 1/2 throttle letting off at 4k rpm with a p-trim on center T4 60-1).  i can't wait until i can put a tag on it and finish my break in period.

ya, I will ask him to do a few things differently when i order mine. i want my injectors to spray on the back of the vavles just like typical factory injector locations(not far from the head).

the car i am getting is runing a stock intake converted to MPI with a turbo bigger than yours. hopefully the slight lag will improve when i move to this intake.

ya, I will ask him to do a few things differently when i order mine. i want my injectors to spray on the back of the vavles just like typical factory injector locations(not far from the head).

the car i am getting is runing a stock intake converted to MPI with a turbo bigger than yours. hopefully the slight lag will improve when i move to this intake.

what turbo is it running and what kind of header?  i'm sure the lag will be helped by the intake.

• 3 weeks later...

here are a few pics of an MPI intake that my friend and I were working on a few years back. we never got to complete but it would have been very much like the chad intake. I will be asking chad to place the injectors in a location similar to the ones in the picture when i order mine.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/MPI2x.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/MPI1x.jpg

that's pretty much how i did mine after cutting the old ones off.  i used the msd injector bosses and an epoxy to hold them in.  now i'm finding that msd's suggested epoxy doesn't hold too well when fuel gets on it so i'm taking the intake back off to have them welded and do some other little odds and ends with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I would like to know too

thanks

The biggest advantage to running 8 injectors or 4 is for drag racing.  With 8 injectors, you can run one of those beyond life size turbos.  With 8 injectors you'll have to run a staged injection setup, which is no big deal with any standalone.  Just makes tuning a bite more difficult.

the SDS system I use requires no more tuning than the 4 injectors systems, it is a seamless transition from stage one to stage 2.  there are 2 reasons for staged injection:

1- you can use 8 readily available injectors vs. 4 very large (more expensive) custom injectors.

2- you idle on only 4 injectors so drivability is pretty good, oversized injectors dont perform well at low demand (idle/cruise)

I have 8 50# injectors, I idle on 4 injectors which is about a 350 HP capacity, it runs just fine, good cruise, fair milage.  When I floor it, I have 8 50# injectors on tap which gives me a 700+ HP capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
that is a sick setup...

i'm glad someones getting creative with pipe routing..

as well as using what apears to be coil packs, from what but controlled by huh?

~J

This is what my IC piping looks like. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/520133/MPI.jpg

why doesn't his MPI setup have a return like tapped on the fuel rail??

You have to run a return on all fuel injection setups.  Or at idle, your fule pressure will get to high, and blow all your fuel injector seals, and blow gas all over the top of your engine.

starboy, I have the regulator below the intake upstream of the injectors.  I will be changing the setup soon and will have it down stream, but still not attached to the fuel rail.  Having the regulator upstream has caused air bubbles to get traped in the fuel rail whenever it sits for a few hours, causing difficult cold starts.