*Antoher* Simple Stand-alone question

you will need to keep the factory ECU to run the gauges if you want them to work (other than the Speedo/voltage/fuel level).  all the guages on the right side of the gauge use the ECU signal.  i scrapped mine in favor of all new autometer gauges.

The Tacometer doesnt work with a standalone system?

Tell me if Im wrong:

Works..........Doesnt

Speedo.............Tac

Voltage.............Boost (did it ever)

Fuel Level..........Temp

..........................Oil Pressure

What about warning lights?

Brake warning Light

Low Oil Light

Low Fuel Warning Light

Engine warning light

ABS

Security... what am I forgetting?

all the guages work.  You'll have to tap threads for the guage coolant temp sensor and screw it in somewhere but other than that, the oil pressure guage will work and the tach may act a little screwy sometimes but it should work.  I think all the warning lights work too.

I left the factory ecu inplace because I didn't know what all was making use of it other than the engine.  It's a pretty simple test to unplug it and see if anything changes.  I'll try to do that this weekend.  If everything were to stay the same I'd go ahead  and pull the factory ecu and harness, but I suspect some of the functions of the ecu would be missed.  We'll see.

glad you replied.. I couldn't remember where I said I'd post the results of unpluging the ecu.  I did it, and I lost nothing.  Car obviously runs the same, and all guages function normally.

Mine is already sold.