anyone using the electromotive Tec2?

i got a tec2 engine management system and i still have yet to program it, after all it is winter and im takin my sweet a** time, anyways   how hard is it to tune? i called a place and they wanna charge 750 bucks to tune it . and ill probably take it to them anyway but  im pretty sure i can get the car running  i just wanna know if anyone has tackled this project themselves?     anyone out there?

thanx

Lewie

oh they do hook it all up, they write a hot start a cold start program a drag program and they dyno it and get it perfect! ive heard great things about this place  its called  ACS racing in Hanover MA they have a website do a search on yahoo and youll see it     they work on alot of nice cars!

$750 for a full dyno tune isn't that bad.  most shops charge about $150/hr to dyno tune around here.   i'd say it would take the better part of a day to tune it from scratch, and make multiple maps for it.  i'd go with them if they are competent with the Tec.  it really is one of the best systems out there IMO.  but everyone thinks differently.

good luck with the car!

call electromotive, they are super helpful and might even have a setup you can download that might get you a good starting point,

Electromotive's Technical Support is available from 8:30 am to 5:00 PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday at 703 331-0100

If you have a background in tunning cars or some general knowledge and the install manual from electromotive you may get the car runnig.  I would say closer to a week than 1 day.  For $750 I'd say it would be worth it to have a shop do it.  Also, make sure you get the bin files on disk.  You can't upload them from the tech to laptop. With out the original bin files, you can't modify the program.  Who did the instal of the intake? How did it turn out?  Good luck.  

-Kris