AUSSIE PARTS GP?!?!

YELLOWHELL

Alright guys I was just planning on buying an intake, but I'm sure you noticed that GP closed.

I know I debated doing this before and I can't seem to stop thinking about it so.

This is just a teaser, but I'm in discussion's with an Australian exporter about a quantity shipment of the following items....

'83 style hoods

tn and tr manifolds

2gen heads 3gen heads

distributors from magna's

and any other part I can think of

The thing will all boil down to price. If I can get a solid shipment of Hoods say 10 of them for a good price then I'm going to do it. The same goes for intakes and heads..

As soon as I get prices I'll post them.  If you might be interested please post what and how many..  THis is just for interest not a commitment on your part.

I'm interested in an unmodded intake as well.  

Not realy pertaining to this I'm sorry but does the magno distributer HAVE to be use with the magna intake?

Not realy pertaining to this I'm sorry but does the magno distributer HAVE to be use with the magna intake?

No, it depends on what ECU you plan on using. If you go with the Hawk you will need it, but the SDS or any ECU that uses a crank trigger you can use the stock dist.

YH, I may be interested in a 2G Magna head.

I'll keep track of interest as things develop.

Here's the latest.... I've exchanged a few emails with the owner of the company. He is tracking down the various parts and as soon as he can collect them we'll have a deal ready. I'll give you guys the cost as soon as I know it. Basically if he can't beat the price already available then I'll just not do this. If I can get the manifolds shipped for less than 150.00US then I'll likely do it. Heads are a different thing. They will be a little more depending.

What are the differences between the tp and tr?

All the old links on here are dead, can anyone recommend one over the other.

the tr has much longer runners....

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1098994640

to my knowledge, no one has modded one for the quest yet.....

You want the TP version manifold. The TR's runners are way to long and they'd actually hit the manifold if trying to mount it... You could mod it of course :roll: , but I have yet to see one modded and mounted in our cars... I beleive the 2G heads are the better of the two too, just incase anyone wants to know...

The 2g head has better flow numbers 188cfm compared to the 3g 179cfm, however the 3g head has 65cc chambers which will increase compression...Now a marnal i belive is like 211cfm fully ported...I would guess a fully ported 3g head to be at 230-245cfm with rasied compression to 7:7-8.0 That would be a killer gain!!! Now i've read that a 2g head fully ported with bigger vaules could flow as much as 280-300cfm!! Im not planning on going inside my engine anymore to change pistons, im running 6:8 compression which i feel is way to low..so a fully ported 3g head (240cfm) plus the rasied compression will be most benificial for me.....

Just letting you know I can get my hands on a "near infinite" supply of TP and TR Manifolds and if it's for a GP, I can sell for quite a bit less than I have been charging for individual manifolds.

If it's say 10 manifolds, TP's would be $210 US and TR's around $160 US each inc. shipping (all shipped to the same address). That includes a cleaned manifold, Fuel rail, FPR and a brand new plenum chamber gasket.

TR Manifolds are worthless over here, but TP's are still in demand and therefore everyone charges a lot more for them.

- Trent

• 3 weeks later...