Magna MPI GP, 20+ buyers,  20 Aug cut off

chiplee

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we're talking AUD650+200=850 which is about $560 USD shipped. DAMN. how much gets taken off for getting one wiht the us flange and no TB?

I don't understand your question.  I guess you're saying a gen 3 head plus shipping will be $850, but then you ask "how much gets taken off for getting one with the us flange and no TB"  for getting one what?  in one breath you're talking about the head, but then it sounds like you're talking about the intake.  But all the prices are listed anyway so I don't really understand why you have a question at all to be completely honest.  If there's a special combination you want that hasn't been listed feel free to ask, but if you're asking how much option 3 costs please refer to the price list and find this information

3)Manifold modified for US Spec heads with TB flange to fit US 65mm Ford TB   (buyer supply the TB)  

$600

10 - 20 $580

20 & up $550

If you're asking how much gets taken off if you get a manifold and a magna head then please refer to option 1 which includes manifolds with flanges for US spec TBs where the buyer supplies the TB.

1) 3rd GEN head,    

intake: unmoded intake manifold flange that mounts to the 3rd gen head  

running the water to the rear near the fire wall ( due to un moded flange)  

flange plate for US Spec T-body    

$950 or

$850 with gen2 head

If I'm missing something in your post let me know

Hey Chip is it payment in full upfront or is it some now and the rest later?

I may be up for 2.......

David Schouenborg (Denmark)

if there is a demand for "some now some later" I'll ask Glen, but the original idea was payment in full up front

on a side note, shipping will be airmail and the going rate for a manifold is $175aud, other shipping rates are being worked out right now.

here is some more info in case these questions come up

The heads are all new and come just like the Marnal heads come.  With cam towers only.  Your hardware will work though.  Valves are the same, springs are the same, the cams will work with them, the heads come like this http://www.geocities.com/chip_lee_iii/head.html look how much metal is there for porting, mitsu obviously corrected the head situation for later year cars that used the 2.6.  It looks like the Marnal head IMO.

The Magna distributor makes installation easier.  The advantages are that the magna EFI dizzy is a Dual Hall effect type. ECUs need a hall, reluctor or optical signal for crank angle information. And if you are wanting to run a sequential injection/ignition(multi coil) ecu it will need 2 signals (dual hall) 1 TDC #1 and

1 per cyl. So without it u will have to make and install your own pickup.  There are no springs or weights inside it, and no vacuum advance.  The hawk gives full ignition timing control via distributor.  And that is quite hard to explain to someone who doesn't have a real good base of knowledge about engine timing in general.  If you guys want I'll try to get into it but it's just tricky without having an engine in front of you to turn and talk at the same time.  It works though, trust me.

And I lied in the previous post.  Shipping for intakes is $150 AUD not $175.

Used Magna distributors are $100aud, and Glen is pricing new ones.  You take your chances with used ones.  I got a used one and it's been great, I'm even using the original harness/pigtail with it.

Ok the TB question.  What's different about au and us TBs and TPSs  I have an AU TB and the opening is somewhat oval shaped.  Not enough to change fitment of couplers or anything but noticable.  The idle air control valve flange on my TB bolts right up to a ford IAC, but you can't use a ford IAC with the HAWK.  The hawk can only control GM/Delco 4 wire IAC valves and the ford units are 2 wire.  It would be real nice if the hawk could control those because they mate up, but it can't.  As for the TPS, all I can tell you is mine looks identical to ones I've seen in salvage yards on fords, same shape same wire colors, same damn sensor if you ask me, but I have yet to check a part number.  It wouldn't be hard.  So I'll do it.  I'd do it now but my hood is stuck down at the moment.

Ok, let me see if I am getting this.  If I want to use the Hawk system, it would be better for me to use an AU dizzy, right?  I only ask cause I am getting my manifold for a US spec head, and am undecided if i will use the Hawk or SDS. I guess whichever is the best deal, as money of course is a factor. I assume I could use either one with the MAgna intake, but do you know if the AU throttle body will work with the sds? I am definately in for a US spec manifold, but want to make sure all my ducks are lined up before I choose the throttle body or management system.  Basically I was hoping someone would know what will NOT work together. thanks all.

terry

I'll try to get an SDS user to respond to this.  I have no idea what sensors work the the SDS.  Obviously any throttle body will work, the limiting factor would be whether or not the ECU can understand the signal that throttle body's TPS puts out.

another question for you Chip...will our stock exhaust manifolds bolt to the Magna heads? One more...is there adequate room near the firewall for the rear mount thermo housing to fit if we use the Magna head?

Thanks!

hey Chip,

are you going to have a PayPal account set up, or you want moneyorder mail to you? it helps me out with the time frame. i already have my Marnal Head & just got my Retainers, just waiting to get the Valves from Rich. i'm now going to buy the Roller Rockers as well, there are alot of Great! deals going on the G/P & the for sale forum, going crazy here... anyway let me know.

ok...all these numbers are confusing me. i would like to know how much one is gonna cost me for the manifold and throttle body and the manifold needs to bolt up to my STOCK 2.6 quest head.

i think that was stated, i'm just trying to make sure i'm purchasing the correct thing and knowledgeable of what it is gonna cost.

sorry to be such a pain in the a$$...

haven't forgotten you guys, just sorting out the details.  Looks like it might be a half now half later payment situation to avoid having to send extra or Glen having to refund if we buy a ton.  I'm figuring on 10 to 20 pricing so to answer your question vengeance484 figure on about $410 plus shipping.  There also shouldn't be any trouble buying a Magna distributor in the GP but it won't do anything for the GP so you can just contact Glen now if you want glen@4gmitsubishi.com

hotrodtsi yes the manifolds will bolt up.  I posted pictures to help, it's identical to our head.  I don't know anything about clearance of the thermostat housing.  I'll check

sorry gents, somehow I stopped getting reply notification on this thread.  I recently changed operating systems but doubt that had anything to do with it.  anyway I've decided to do half now half when the total number of buyers is determined.  you can send paypal payment to mpintake@ihug.com.au for approximately 50% of the total for your choice and expect the payoff to be about $150au more tacked on to the remainder for shipping.  Shipping for the Heads about $150au as well.  If you don't have a paypal account it's up to you to work out the payment via phone or mail glen's contact info:

6 Conos Crt Donvale

Vic, 3111 , Australia

Ph 61 3 9872 3838 Fax 61 3 9872 5363

The cut off is 01  AUG  03, not a minute later.  So beg borrow and steal whatever you have to do to make it in.  you'll not regret it.

I'll work out a US price list for each option with shipping in the total at current exchange rates here soon but I thought I'd share this now and industrious individuals can do the conversion and math themselves.

Yes, the deposits are due by 1 Aug to secure your spot in the GP.  Be prepared to make payment in full before your manifold can be shipped.  Once all deposits are in, the biggest limiting factor for delivery time will be how long it takes you to finish payment.  Shipments will happen on a first pay first ship basis.

Thanks Chip ;D.  How long will we have to make the final payment? ???

as long as you need I guess, withing reason.  I mean the deposit will be non-refundable and you won't get a manifold 'till you make final payment so I guess it depends how bad you need it.  

Spoke with Glen tonight and he has near 20 manifolds done and ready to ship, so this is excellent news, only wait is on the shipping, which from experience I would highly reccomend air mail or ems, as sea mail takes 3-4+ months.

Take care

Shawn

Hey Chip.....  

To who do we make the descripsion on when

I pay through paypal.. ?? and do I include your name as a refrence ??

so Glenn knows that I'm buying from a group purchace..??

and when I pay arnt there sopposed to be enough people

to get the discount??  or are we going to pay the full amount

that you provided on your first post ??

thanks