Custom Swaybars are a GO !  

Oscar_the_Grouch

Jeff

Most any race car shop would have them, and might just do the job at a reasonable price. Im not aware of any place that would rent out something like that. The scales dont have to be electronic, I have used grain scales for the sprint cars I used to wrench on. You might let your fingers do the walking on this one. I wish I still had access to the electronic scales I used to use, my friend moved away.

Mark

Ultimate Lurker had his car weighed at all 4 corners a few months ago. Here is the info he gave me:

Corner weights

DF: 784 lbs.

PF: 828 lbs.

DR: 367 lbs.

PR: 352 lbs.

Weight dist.

F: 1659 lbs.

R: 1283 lbs.

Curb weight (no driver, no jack, no spare, no AC, no tow hooks, and very little gas in the tank):

2924 lbs.

For some reason the results don't add up. Adding the corner weights = 2331 lbs. Does that make sense Mark? I would think the corner weights would have to add up the to curb weight. I tweaked the numbers using the weight distribution as a guide and I think these might be a little more accurate.

DF: 807.5 lbs.

PF: 851.5 lbs.

DR: 649 lbs.

PR: 634 lbs.

Rob

If UL's car has been lowered using a coil over arrangement, then the weights can be "jacked " to make it balanced. If it is lowered or not lowered with stock type struts, then either the chassis is already "jacked" or "bent" and other probs exist.

This shows you that weight distribution is very critical but adjustable and that big anti-roll bars will mask an ill-handling chassis. Maybe I should give a chassis tuning class via the internet ;D ;D ;D. The front weight imbalance has me questioning the front frame section for squareness - has it ever been hit?

Mark

I'd have to ask him, but I'm fairly certain his car still has the stock suspension and springs. You think a 40-50 lb. difference seems excessive? I figured with the AC removal and maybe a lighter battery or a weak strut it seemed about right...

BTW, I personally would appreciate any chassis tuning tips you have. I'm putting coil overs and adj. shocks on my car this spring. I may end up with more suspension adjustments than I know what to do with!

• 2 months later...

Jeff

Well glad you likde the Oil Lines.

But as for this... Well I did not get the interest I needed to make a run of the bars as the shop needed about 10 guys to get in in order for them to consider it.

And ONE-OFF bar will run about $270.00 EACH.

So not many guys wabted to spend the dough for it.

But if 10 or more join in we can get them for about $199.00ea F/R

Sorry but not all GP's pan out as good as they look on paper

Oscar

• 2 weeks later...