Cusco Camber Plates-Ready To Go!

MikeMeyerhoff

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather send the money to someone who wants to organize this and then have them shipped direct to me.  I don't want to mess around long distance calling the USA and messing around.  Can we just PayPal this to make it happen?  That was the understanding I had....

Take care

Shawn

questtsi@shaw.ca

I organized this to as a you pay BozzPerformance.  I was trying to gather everyone's shipping info into a spreadsheet I could give to Bozz.  That way it'd be easier when everybody called them.  

I have what "might" be a change of supplier for this group buy, relating to a "known" person on this forum... So I haven't gone thru with Bozz until I hear a yes or no from him.  

So hold tight, we'll get this done!!!

mm

• 1 month later...

I ran into difficulties working with Bozz and have turned over the process to another starquester.  He is trying to use his contacts and capibilities to work with greddy, who had flat out ignored me.  I hope there will be something more to this group buy, but cant say if/when a new agreement will be reached.

I apoligize for not getting this done.  I also regret not notifing everyone immediately, but was hoping to have better news to report

Michael Meyerhoff

what happend with Bozz. can we just order them ourself one at a time?

are they the prefered people to order from? there are a few places on the net that can order them but i would prefer to get them from Bozz directly.

just ordered from Bozz. worst case will be that it will come in a container on a ship which will get here first week of june. $270 +shipping.

i didnt care too much about the 20-30 here and there. i think i paid like $400 for crappy ground controls, i just wanted to get the damn thing asap and I figured they can get them faster than anyone. figured I will be the guinepig.

• 2 months later...

A setup like the cusco camber plates mount from the bottom.  That takes up some suspension travel, but does allow you to use tower braces.  

Some mount to the top, but that is not as strong/safe and may not allow you to use a standard tower brace.

mm

the rears are almost done. i will have them by next week probably. those are cheap. the fronts are more complicated but I should still be able to make them for about $50 less than what the cuscos sell for.

• 1 month later...

hale-luya the son of a mitches are finally here after 3.5 months. they musta used the fastest sailboat to send these on.

i am gona see how much work it is gona be to make more of these. I will update as more info comes in.

• 3 weeks later...
man, these things confused me to hell when I first got them. lets just say they are not that prefect of a design. the bearing system on the ground control camber plates made much more sense. it comes with a spherical bearing but I dont like the way the wholet thing works. the GC came with a thrust type bearing. I am adding a flat thrust bearing myself to the setup so the sperical bearing wont have to take the turning load when you turn the wheels. I have an engineer friend who is looking up a company that has sealed bearings that already come with mounting brackets which will make copying these a piece of cake and make them much cheaper. we are just waiting for their catalog.