Update Copper Gasket GP STILL TAKING ORDERS  

Welderwiz

03/08/03   Now HAVE 3" DOWN PIPE TO TURBO GASKET

Orders are now being accepted for these gasket sets which consist of: Manifold to head, Turbo to manifold, Pre-cat to turbo, and wastegate cover. Cost will be 45.00 per set plus shipping. I will accept ONLY U.S.P.S. MONEY ORDERS. Please NO PAY-PAL. Once your order is placed I will confirm receipt .

Payment to: Mark Haas

The Tin Shack

1120 S. Cypress St. Unit G

La Habra,CA.    90631

Any questions please call  714   449-1765      M-F 8-5   Sat 9-3  PST

Thanks

Mark

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will definetly purchase a set. Hey guys this is Mark from a metal fab shop he currently owns and operates exclusivly. He know the ends and outs of metal fabricating.

BTW HOw is the Silicone hose purchase coming along. I hear you can get the lowest prices and best quality silicone hose available?

Thanks

Gasket production could start as soon as second week of January. Problem now is metal suppliers dont like to deal in small quantity much less returning phone calls.

I dont like using remnant material 'cuz you cant always tell material grade.

Let me get passed New Years day and I will definitely get a few sets started.

With regards to silicone hose, I am in the process of hooking a killer deal on vac as well as turbo hose. Too early to tell at this time but it is possible to sell vac hose at approximately 95 cents a foot!!!! Beats the other guys pretty well.

This time of year makes contacts tough but I will continue to persue it.

Please let me know what colors and size you guys would like??

Thanks

Mark

The silicone hose along with turbo oil supply line (steel Braid) and numerous other

hoses are the next project I plan to make available. Just need to get past the holiday vacation time for manufacture reps so that arrangements can be made. Bear

with me I just need some time.

Thanks

Mark

Hey I also talked to Mark for about an hour the friday and he is going to be offering some good items for our cars. I am also interested in the gaskets too. And would like enough red hose to do my car...

Steven

Joshua

The fittings that Mitsu uses are a very special fitting in so far as not being able to match the thread size properly. I know some people have used a 12mm x 1.25 invert fitting however you need to know that they are not making a good seal. These fittings are only available in -3 size not -4 which you need for proper oil supply. This is the stumbling block for this hose arrangment. I may require exchange fittings such that i can fab a nice unit that is reliable. Once again I am working on these parts, it just happened that the cat was let out of the bag too soon. :) :) :)

Thanks all,I'll keep you posted

Mark

Thanks to everyone for your support on the hose and gaskets.

Just received contact on the silicone hoses-talked direct with the president of the company. Shouldnt be long till I have material to ship, the red is in stock the blue is coming as they have changed to a royal blue color. I need to follow up on availability of the black for us purists!!! I will let you all know when I can start the process.

The update on gaskets is as follows - Im trying to get commitment on material price so that I can commit to a finished price for eveyone. Hoping to have that info by middle of next week. Once that occurs I will punch holes as fast as I can :P :P :P

Thanks again for your patience and support.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your patience

Gasket material is in hand for production. Understand first off that a $10,000 die set is obviously impractical so I am punching these gaskets by hand. The cost of material and tooling make the cost come to 45.00 plus shipping. I make no profit on these at all.......just trying to help out.

As for the silicone and steel braid hoses............ the turbo oil supply hose will be $60.00 plus shipping. This will require the adapter fittings at the turbo and filter adapter to be welded in order to keep cost down. I will weld these at no additional charge if you send me your adapters.

Silicone hose requires 500ft per color to maintain this price of 95 cents per foot. The 1/8(3.2mm) standard is .050 wall but im quoting special order hose of .100 wall. We need 12 people per color to meet this cost. Please advise me who is still interested and I will have production started right away.

Power steering hoses and oil cooler hoses are next ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks     Mark

Welderwiz:

So the silicone hose you're ordering will be 3.2mm ID, but the wall thickness is 2 times thicker than normal? I'll take 30 feet of the red 3.2mm silicone hose. How much would shipping be to zip code 37387? I'm ready to send the money, just let me know when.

I just went to hosetechniques.com and they charge 98 cents per foot, but shipping was going to be over $6. And, my order weighed less than 1/2 a pound!!!

Josh

Production has started on these gaskets. Please update me if you are interested in a set of these gaskets. The cost is 45.00 for the set plus shipping.

Thanks

Mark

P.S. Please follow my hose posting in  the new post that Josh started for me. Silicone hoses as well as steel braid and Nomex cover oil and steering hoses will be listed there.