Now you can have indiglo gauges too!!!

Mr._HP

I've made the first move in getting us some fully custom gauges!!! Read below and check out their site to see examples of what we could get. There's numerous "glowing" colors to choose from, as well as logo's, gauge face/number colors, and choice of reverse or standard glowing styles. As you'll read below we need 20 people for them to start, so start leaving your name and as soon as I get 20 I'll send the gauge cluster to them. It sounds like I will coordinate everything, but you will order directly from them when the time comes.

I hope we can make this work! ;D

Hi,

I noticed that you don't offer any gauges for the Mitsubishi Starion/Chrysler Conquest. I'm contacting you to see if you're custom capabilities are based on only gauges you offer, or can you make gauges for any model vehicle as well? I am a member of 2 enthusiast sites for this vehicle, and due to the rarity of this car not much is offered. Would you be interested in a group purchase? If so what type of quantities would you require?

Thank you,

Ben Rooney

RESPONSE

Hi,

We don't currently offer EL-Glo Dial Kit's or Bezels for your dash. However, some vehicles have identical dash clusters.  Please check out our site at www.SPEEDHUT.com to see if parts for your dash are available.  If you are interested in becoming a Group Leader for your cluster, please read the info below:

***The Group Leader is the one who sends in the cluster for his car. Please don't use your own vehicle's cluster, we don't send it back. The best thing is to get a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition HOWEVER it DOES need to have everything intact - ie needles, etc).

Please do not spend a lot of money on Postage sending your cluster to us. Send it Ground Mail or whatever is cheapest. However, please make sure it is INSURED!  ***And remember to add your contact information in the package.

Once you send it to us we will consider you the Group Leader for your car. We will then be able to add your cluster to our Group Buy Program. Then it will be up to you, as the Group Leader, to answer emails pertaining to your cluster about the Group Buy. We will be in contact with you through out the process.

Once we receive 20 Pre Orders we will begin tooling for your car. We also offer discounts to you and your Group. *Free Text, Free Graphics (ie Flames, Race Stripes, etc), Free Logo's off of our Standard Logo page. In addition, we have your Group (through you) pick one additional logo to add to your list of options. Usually this is your Cars Make or Group Logo.

We also can add the Km/h version to the Pre Orders for FREE as long as we have at least 5 Km/h Pre Orders. If there are less than 5 people wanting Km/h then those that want Km/h will split $40.00 between themselves to have Km/h put on the gauges instead of MPH (i.e. For 4 people $10.00 will be added to each of their orders).

The price for our Pre Order Program EL Glow Dial Kit's will generally be $119.95 plus $8.00 S&H per Pre Order.

Thank you for your interest and please email us if there are any further questions.

Thanks,

Customer Service

www.SPEEDHUT.com

Ther is a variety of colors to choose from concerning the "glow". I think it was 6 colors... Not just the typical indiglo color.

Yes, these would do away with the factory backlighting of the gauges and would probably go great with the glowing needle kit that's been kicked around on the boards before. Unfortunately, not many people are showing an interest in these so far.  :-[

I was looking into making them myself and that's how I stumbled upon this place. Making the gauges wouldn't be hard if you had some vinyl sign making equipment to cut it out with. You can buy the electroluminescent film pretty cheaply and wiring is not difficult. It's just cutting them perfect to fit our gauges and then printing the numbers/logos and whether they are reverse or standard glow that makes it difficult. THe price I know is steep, but it is a small production run for a rare car. They probably don't see themselves selling too many ::) I'm sure they could make matching ones for the headlight/foglight/etc switches, I would just need to send it too them. It's too bad we can't get this going as they would be a pretty cool modern improvement. Sorry, i can't do anything about the price other than plead with them to cut a better deal.

Those guages are killer. Id be in if I wasnt in the middle of a rebuild. I need all my $$ to go to that. It seems like its bad timing for most. Dont give up though.  The fog/headlight switches would be a must. I could prob swing in around May if that helps at all. How long does theyre tooling process take?

I jsut went on to their website and saw that we can begin placing orders and they will track when it gets up to 20 people. As soon as that happens they start tooling and will ship within 4-6 weeks. So I guess we can start making pre-orders and they will not charge your credit card until they begin production.

Maybe this should be the route we take. That way those of you who don't have the money now can get in when you want and not miss out. THose of us who are have the funds now can place their order(eventhough you won't be charged until later), but will have to wait.

• 2 months later...
I was looking into making them myself and that's how I stumbled upon this place. Making the gauges wouldn't be hard if you had some vinyl sign making equipment to cut it out with. You can buy the electroluminescent film pretty cheaply and wiring is not difficult. It's just cutting them perfect to fit our gauges and then printing the numbers/logos and whether they are reverse or standard glow that makes it difficult. THe price I know is steep, but it is a small production run for a rare car. They probably don't see themselves selling too many ::) I'm sure they could make matching ones for the headlight/foglight/etc switches, I would just need to send it too them. It's too bad we can't get this going as they would be a pretty cool modern improvement. Sorry, i can't do anything about the price other than plead with them to cut a better deal.

Funny you mention that. It just so happens that I make sign's, banners, graphics where I work...

DJ

From the way it looks, you can place an order, along with a CC Number, and once 20 orders are placed they will make the guages and send them out.  They will not charge your Card until they send the guages.  So, to answer your question, it is still available, but who knows how long it will take to get 20 orders.

Maybe if anyone seriously interested would let the rest of us know, it may promt others to order.

Jake

Well,

I kind of dropped this group buy after it didn't get much interest from you guys initially, but somehow this has made a comeback. Maybe someone would like to take this over as I really haven't had a lot of time lately to keep up with the posts. Like it says a couple posts previous, someone can call place their first order and they will set-up a running list of those interested and paid for. THen once they get 20 buyers they'll make whatever quantity desired. I didn't want to keep everyone waiting before, but it seems like there might be enough people to get this off the ground is a reasonably short time period.