New Fiberglass Header Panels Update..

KO

I dropped off a header panel today, the guy is going to make a mold and then give me a price on a purchase of 5, 10, 15, 20 when done.

Anyways, I know the price will have a lot to do with who is interested but I was just trying to get a general idea of who might be interested in the fiberglass header panels, I'll have one at least 8)

Update 4-15-03

Well I tried.  

They want $175 for each fiberglass header panel

10% off 5 people or more

10 people or more it's $150 a piece

I think I'd loose my a$s on this one because after talking with them in more detail I'd have to cough up $400 for half the cost of the mold in order to even get them started, the total for the mold is $800. Sure I could keep the mold after paying $800 but then again I don't think there would be enough interest to come out on top.

Like I said I gave it a shot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backslider as for the header panel with a large vent maybe on down the line but for starters it's going to be a stock replacement fiberglass header panel, then I'll ask this guy to pull a trick or two on some of the panels, Im just waiting on the first one to get done so I can fit it to the car and give him the green light to start making more.

Jerry what do you mean by ported? Please explain. I would have said yes it will be ported and polished but I don't want to be a smart a$s, he he.

Hmm, after looking at that a little closer I don't think it would be a problem at all! When I pick up the first stock header panel I'll take him a picture of that car and have him copy that style as long as there is enough interest;)

I'll keep you guys updated.

Hmm, after looking at that a little closer I don't think it would be a problem at all! When I pick up the first stock header panel I'll take him a picture of that car and have him copy that style as long as there is enough interest;)

I'll keep you guys updated.

One like the pictured one would peak my interest also  ;)

If the one in the pic is a problem than leave mine with him. After he is done with all of the others I would like to get two vents in it. I am sure you have seen pics of cars with the two vents. If you havnt I will try to find one.

The pic I had posted earlier is nice and different.  But it also incorporates the grill on the car. It could be a problem, maybe not. I am sure the guy who did it to his car will be in amazment the we all like his design and I hope he doesnt take it the wrong way by copying his.

I'm not any good with Photochop yet.... I tried playing with my car to make the image, but just chose to eliminate the extra lines on the purple car.

http://bluegtzhome.com/starquest/pics/custpurple.jpg

** EDIT **   Oops, I guess technically the grill isn't part of the header panel?

Oh well, I'd still like to see something like that made, that eliminates the grill too. Now, to just do something with the side marker lights so it all blends in..

TurboTsi, it's not that easy, I dropped the header panel off but he has to make a mold before he can give me a price. And before he makes the mold he has 1 or 2 other projects he must knock out first. I'm sure they add up material cost, hours spent making it, etc. so I have no idea what the cost will be. Trust me I'll push to get it as reasonable as possible.

TurboTsi, it's not that easy, I dropped the header panel off but he has to make a mold before he can give me a price. And before he makes the mold he has 1 or 2 other projects he must knock out first. I'm sure they add up material cost, hours spent making it, etc. so I have no idea what the cost will be. Trust me I'll push to get it as reasonable as possible.

KO,

I would like to be included in the group that is "looking" at getting a header panel.  Depending on the design cost, I could be in the market for two.

Thanks,

AzStar

ok, here are a few different ones. the top image I found someplace on the internet and dont know who it belongs to.

the bottom images, are from a car that belonged to a Howard Dreispan. i joined the original starion club and the guy sent me some pics and a video of starions and these pictures were in there. i like these much better than the one on the purple car.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/headerpanel1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/Howard%20Dreispan1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/Howard%20Dreispan2.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/Howard%20Dreispan3.jpg