Front shot of FG bumper

chubacca_tsi

OK guys I talked to my friend about the GP and he siad Yes. I told him about 10-15 people wanted the bumper so he said  the new price will be $250+shipping. That is for the Group purchase.  The first bumper will be finished on Tue I will take pics off the new bumper so they can be posted on here. So what do I do know do I post on the GP or wait till Wed or what.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend that you wait until you get the bumper, then take some pics of it, both off and on the car. People are going to ask to see pics of any body kit before they say yes, so save yourself a step.

Also, make sure you have an idea, better yet, a solid date in mind for when you want the GP to end and talk to your friend about production time. All things that people are going to want to know if they shell out their hard earned money.

If you've already done all this, GREAT!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The bumpers will be put on hold.  My friend told me a couple of days ago that he wrecked his car And he messed up his hand so.  I went to his house He cant move his hand at all,  and he really tore his car up.  I am helping him fix his car so he gets a little more time for his hand to heal I was going to take pics of his car but he wouldnt let me he said you guys would bag on him cuz he drives a 96 Honda civic hatchback.  He told me that in a week or two he will be doing the bumper again.

Sorry guys.

No big deal bro.  Tell your bud i hope his hand feels better.  Hopefully his car didnt get messed up too bad too.  I hate to see when that kinda thing happens, theres just nothing good about it.  no bright side to look on except that hes ok, and the car can be fixed.  anyways, let us know if he ever gets back to producing the bumpers, god speed to your friend feeling better!

pacc

Good things are worth waiting for.  

As I stated before I really like the prototype bumper.  

The main modification I would like to see is a better integration of

the turn signal lights, and perhaps a place for a set of  driving lights.

I still do not understand how the new bumper is mounted.

Do you completely remove the stock bumper and replace it with the

new one?  If so does it use the same 4 bolts on the front subframe?

Or does the new one just replace the "covers" and still use the metal

parts of the old bumper?

Well the new bumper will mount on to the metal bumper once you take the plastic bumper off and the sides well my friend said he has a way but he hasnt told me.

I told him about the lights and he said he will try something about it.

Sorry for such a long wait on the bumper.

Chubacca,

I get special accomodations for this right?

For some reason I just happened to save this pic when it was originally posted, so here it is again.

http://bluegtzhome.com/starquest/pics/airdam.jpg

I modified to a smaller .jpg file, but the original .bmp is available at http://bluegtzhome.com/starquest/pics/airdam.bmp exact same size as the pic above, but a larger file size...

• 2 weeks later...

How low does the bumper hang? Looks like there isn't too much clearance under there.

Also, not at the moment but in the future (maybe early to mid 2003), I'd like to do a one off bumper, sideskirts and maybe rear as well.... Would your friend be willing to do this? I'm working on sketches of exactly what I want. But like I said, It'll be a while. I need to get the new front clip and make sure my Star's running tip top first and formost then I'd be interested in pricing it all out etc. But if you could find out if he'd be willing I'd really appreciate it.

Hey guys well I talked to my friend and he said the stock lights in the Bumper can be mounted,  What do you guys think keep the driving ligths or not.I need to know I will try to get another pic of the bump. Sorry for the long wait he has been really busy at the shop and remember he is not only working on this FG bumper.

Ok I got a pic of the front shot but, its a pic of the FG bumper test fitted over the stock one, couldnt wait to see how it looked so I threw it over the stock one,  but the new one wont go over the stock bumper.  Can anybody host the pic I still dont know how to post pics. I can send it thru E-mail

Once ConquestTSi posts it.  The pic is with the FG bumper over the stock one. I couldnt wait to see the bump so I just put it over my stock one that is the only pic I have. The new bumpers will have the opening for the fog/blinker.  So what do you guys think of the bump.  Sorry it has taken so long he has a lot of work.  

Is your car lowered or is that how low the Fiberglass front end comes to from stock hight? I'm just asking, because my car is dropped 4" and I really want one of these pieces, but don't wanna f' it up, because it's too low.

Jay