headlight conversion

MoMagnum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to do something like this to my car.......I don't think it would be to bad to do either.

I want to cut them down where they curve and then use projector lights. I have access to a wreck 87....maybe I'll try to do this. I don't want to cut mine and have it not turn out right.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/FLINTSTONE/starion.txt

• 2 weeks later...
ok, i don't think you understand how hard it really is to make these right.  you can't slap on the miata ones....  they won't fit.  the angle of the covers isn't right, the buckets that the lights sit on isn't right....  you have to make a completely custom setup.  once i get my car running i'll go wild with the fiberglass and see what i can come up with, but for now the lights are on the back burner.

• 4 months later...

ok i know im alittle late on this one but recently i was on e-bay and found something like bezals for the starquest they were wraped in carbonfiber, beautiful things makes me wanna keep my pop ups.

im trying the one peice header panel right now and might be able to make a small quanity to sell they will be in fiberglass not metal and the light covers for the sleepy eyes look will prob come off of an early mr2...dont know what kind of lights though.

thinking about 94-97 model year camaro lights only the dims though i dont think there will be enough for the brights or i might use the brights and use small high powerd fog lights for my dims. ill post another message when i get further along in the process.

ok i know im alittle late on this one but recently i was on e-bay and found something like bezals for the starquest they were wraped in carbonfiber, beautiful things makes me wanna keep my pop ups.

im trying the one peice header panel right now and might be able to make a small quanity to sell they will be in fiberglass not metal and the light covers for the sleepy eyes look will prob come off of an early mr2...dont know what kind of lights though.

thinking about 94-97 model year camaro lights only the dims though i dont think there will be enough for the brights or i might use the brights and use small high powerd fog lights for my dims. ill post another message when i get further along in the process.

just and FYI, those "carbon fiber" bezels are just wrapped in vinyl that looks like carbon fiber (well, not really).  don't waste your money.

;D Hi guys. I'm new to the community but I have a thought on the headlights. 5th generation Honda Prelude lights are close to the right size and even have the angled cut, but would take a little trick body work to get them in.  I'm going to measure and investigate further,...[glow=red,2,300]TEXT[/glow]