Locking differential and torque tube

ad130

Looking for a locking differential with torque tube. Preferably low mileage or one with splines in good condition, but will take whatever I can get. Mine has broken gears and cannot be rebuilt. 

Thanks

I have one out of an 88-89. Diff, torque tube, and axles. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it since I didn't pull it from the car; I got it with a load of other parts. I'm up in Rochester, MN and would be willing to meet you halfway to eliminate shipping. I can send you pictures/videos if you're interested.

Do you know if that's the same as 87? I was reading some posts and someone mentioned that they may have changed them around that time, not sure if there was much change, but I think they changed from 4 bolt to 6 bolt axles. If you think it will fit, what would you want for them and can you let me know how the splines look on both sides?

Thanks, Adam

Edited by ad130
Add some info

I think the 88+ diff has a different axle spline count; 28 vs. 25 for 87 and older, if I remember correctly. I think I remember hearing that the axle parts can be mixed and matched (i.e. use parts from both 87 and 88 axles to use an 88 diff with 87 hubs or vice versa) but I haven't tried that myself and wouldn't want to bet on it working, sorry.

Thanks for the info and confirmation Steve!  I am going to try to find something that I can pickup near me to save on shipping, but I will let you know if I can't find anything. I'm guessing shipping on these are not cheap.

Adam

On 10/26/2023 at 12:07 AM, ssblast20 said:

88/89 diff and axles are unique, and you cannot for 87 axles into an 88/89 diff and vice versa. However, the torque tubes are interchangeable between years. I have a couple spares in my stash for sale (diffs and tubes)  if other options fall through. 

Steve 

Hi Steve,

what condition are your torque tubes in? Are the splines in good shape? I’m looking to grease mine and may replace but could also use a spare.

What would you sell one for?

Thanks

On 10/24/2023 at 12:28 PM, ad130 said:

Looking for a locking differential with torque tube. Preferably low mileage or one with splines in good condition, but will take whatever I can get. Mine has broken gears and cannot be rebuilt. 

Thanks

I have a torque tube to sell if you're interested. 513-615-2317