Proportioning valve inverted or bubble flare?

BKB94

Working on my brake system and removed the original valve for a universal unit. My brain woke me up at 1am telling me I screwed up. I remember the flare not looking very nice when I installed the inverted flare union to run my new brake line. So the question is the brake line going to the rear of the car is that a inverted flare or bubble flare?

You are special aren’t you, haha. Bubble doesn’t inspire confidence in me for a good leak free connection. Well I looked at all the old brake lines I pulled off the car and they are all double flare. Also found a picture from Obsolete’s project and it’s double flare going in so I would expect the same coming out. I’m going to just roll with it and check for leaks. It’s in a bad location now between my steering shaft and the hydro boost and I would rather not inspect it. Going for brake fluid in a bit so I should know soon how bad I did. 

They are the same thing.  Both are double flares.  The bubble type is an unfinished flare that gets crushed into the double flare shape by the fitting.  After installing both types will look identical.

The important part if making your own flares is to make a double flare not a single flare.

Well that statement is simply not true. Bubble uses a flat fitting on the tube to support the bubble and an inward taper on the receiving fitting. Where a double flare used a tube fitting with a bevel to support the flare on the tube and the receiving part has a cone for the flare to fit on to. 

image.jpeg.9a125f556b9ac55c64fe92c2ce0e9f2a.jpeg

Well that fitting did not leak, but that was pretty hellaciousis. I guess some problems are to be expected when every part of the brake system is new or taken apart. Thats about 27 possible leaking joints. So to be clear it was double flare.

4 hours ago, BKB94 said:

You are special aren’t you, haha. Bubble doesn’t inspire confidence in me for a good leak free connection. Well I looked at all the old brake lines I pulled off the car and they are all double flare. Also found a picture from Obsolete’s project and it’s double flare going in so I would expect the same coming out. I’m going to just roll with it and check for leaks. It’s in a bad location now between my steering shaft and the hydro boost and I would rather not inspect it. Going for brake fluid in a bit so I should know soon how bad I did. 

Actually more special than I thought.  I just checked and the tool I have only does double flares. So I couldn't have done bubble flares.