Injector Options?

I've been having problems with my 83 starion that i believe may have something to do with fuel. Whenever i get on the gas quickly or even too hard the car begins backfiring and trying to die. ive recently changed out the fuel pump which seems to now allow me to rev higher before it begins to cut, i have also changed and cleaned out all the filters yet im still having the car sputter and cut out. I am beginning to think it may be faulty fuel injectors or the vac advance. Only problem is I cant seem to find any injectors anywhere and not too sure what to do.

Finding injectors will not be an easy task, unfortunately.

You can try starquestparts.net or perhaps some various overseeas mitsubishi dealers.

I would test everything that you can before looking for injectors.  You can test the vac advance, check fuel pressure, if you still have an issue get your injectors flow tested and cleaned.

Before you hunt for new ones, remove them and send them out to RC Fuel Injection in CA. They'll clean them, bench flow them snd send a printout with every reading you can imagine. That'll tell exactly what's going on with them or rule out the injectors if it's something else.

I think 83 has a map sensor like the 86 did , it's a box above the brake booster with a vac line to it. I know those can cause similar issue when going bad or broken line. Try unplugging the mas air and see if any difference. Vac advance should be checked as well. Sending out injectors for cleaning is cheap and will tell you the condition.

• 1 month later...