Mission Impossible (electric conversion)

EV 'Quest

Hello. New member here from the Space Coast of Florida.

I recently was endowed with a 1988 Chrysler Conquest which I thought would be a perfect candidate to convert to an EV. I've never done this conversion before, hence the Topic Title.

I'm open to any and all advice, hopefully constructive. There are many more parts that are missing at the moment so I might go full custom on the new toy.

The process is just starting but I'm ready to enjoy the journey. I plan to get my 8 year old daughter turning some wrenches with me and hoping she catches the "bug".

I saw a documentary on elec cars not too long ago and thought that would be cool...

Found a company that already had the batteries and motors all predetermined for speed and longevity.

After seeing their prices I decided to keep what I had. An original 86 quest. Maybe prices have come down in the last year and battery tech has become better.

I wish you luck in your endevor!!!

With enough money and time anything is possible

Thanks speedy but I kept losing my train of thought. Not sure how much work would get done with the help he has with him but I bet they had a fun project. Now if I could just get my wife to start helping me again......... Hmm..... Precious memories

Can someone please tell me what I did !!

I think I have been a member for a few years...but for some reason I cannot start a new content. This is new! Who did I anger!

Please respond to edwforrest@gmail.com because I cannot get into the forums...and have questions about vibrations in the front end when tie rods are good and wheels are tight and bearings are repacked!

Appreciate it...who do ya call when this doesn't work!

ed