MAF translator and AFC on an 86

4cylFury

I'm running just the maf translater and I don't have any boost cut on my 86. I'm sure you can run it with an afc with the same results pretty sure reading on here of people doing it already

Did you hard wire it in. Any pictures are what wire went where.

Yes I did hard wire it. The link above is one of the links I found to give me a clue to hook it up. But everything is not there. You still have to figure out witch wire on the maf translater itself goes to the stock 4 wire maf. Took me about 2 days to figure it out once I figured out witch one is signal power ground blah blah.

I'll make it easy for you here you go

86 maf. Maf translator

Red. Pink

Black. Black

White/blk. Green

Grn/red. Brown

Your going to run into another problem tho because the Map sensor is still giving a reading to the ecu. It will still cut at 12 13psi.

What I did next was installed a 4.3v ziner diode in the ecu to block the signal from the map. I learned how to do that from seaching the forms.Then the fuel cut was gone.

Another problem came up when I hit 14psi my afr would lean out. My guess was since I was blocking the map signal to the ecu it wasn't seeing passed 12psi and wouldn't add fuel. I unplugged the map sensor and it fixed that problem. Now I can boost as much as I want.

Had it up to 22 psi on a 16g and my current set up now is a 17c on 15psi. I've had it up to 20 psi before and all ran good.

Yes I did hard wire it. The link above is one of the links I found to give me a clue to hook it up. But everything is not there. You still have to figure out witch wire on the maf translater itself goes to the stock 4 wire maf. Took me about 2 days to figure it out once I figured out witch one is signal power ground blah blah.

I'll make it easy for you here you go

86 maf. Maf translator

Red. Pink

Black. Black

White/blk. Green

Grn/red. Brown

Your going to run into another problem tho because the Map sensor is still giving a reading to the ecu. It will still cut at 12 13psi.

What I did next was installed a 4.3v ziner diode in the ecu to block the signal from the map. I learned how to do that from seaching the forms.Then the fuel cut was gone.

Another problem came up when I hit 14psi my afr would lean out. My guess was since I was blocking the map signal to the ecu it wasn't seeing passed 12psi and wouldn't add fuel. I unplugged the map sensor and it fixed that problem. Now I can boost as much as I want.

Had it up to 22 psi on a 16g and my current set up now is a 17c on 15psi. I've had it up to 20 psi before and all ran good.

Awesome info. Where is the MAP sensor so I can disconnect it?.