89 starion question. ???

starquestJOE

I would think that with only 159 Starion's in 89 that most, if not all of them were SHP's, but I've never heard any rumors about all 89's including Quests being SHP's before. I guess the best question to ask is if anyone on here has an 89 Quest that is not an SHP.

The one im talking about is one I had found 6 plus years ago. Back then the onwer said it was a 88 and I had never looked because it wasnt for sale. Since then I have tried to buy the car almost yearly. It's been sitting in the same spot since I first seen it. Finally last week we stopped again and the owners brother was home. He had said after we got talking that they were getting ready to scrape the car. Now the besides the 89 part, its a complete black starion with factory hatch spoiler, checker board seats not riped, un cracked tails, one piece air dam all there, perfect wheels and brand new 6yrs ago tires. Only real cons are now the motor is locked up and some rust on the rear of the wheel wells.

Ill get pics when I can.

Edited by starquestJOE

We are still waiting on a phone call back. I will not let this car get scrapped. The older brother said his younger brother has givin up on it as he work long hours and do not have the time to work on it. Plans are to restore this one with fun bolt ons
  • Like 1

Its a rare bird none the less. Believe it or not I was talking about the car, and my wife asked why I wasnt buying the car! She told me no more after the durban. A good friend of mine is the one trying to get the car. I will be lending my knowledge to get the car back to it former glory Edited by starquestJOE

Still no answer back about the car. We called a couple times last week and left messages. We will continue to call and drive down to the car if we have too. Like they say, the squeaky wheel gets greased first. Just hope it dont back fire on us