Coolant flow diagram

flames4life

Here is my setup now with the rotated throttle body.the coolant line coming from the bottom of the intake is t'd off and runs to the heater core and to the water pump as it would normally. the line coming from the head that usually goes to the heater core and the throttle body now just goes to the core. Are there any issues with doing it this way? when the heater core is closed what happens to the coolant coming from the head?

post-3940-0-34132000-1441213241_thumb.jpg

You may get uneven cooling to the back of the block. There's a metal bypass line that goes from the water pump around the back of the block and connects to the heater core and intake. That draws coolant from the back of the block to the water pump. Without that the coolant can be somewhat stagnant back there. That could lead to overheating the #4 cylinder.

i have that line going from the water pump to the heater core and intake. just like it would be factory except i dont have coolant running through the tbi only the intake. but where does the coolant go when the heater core is closed? that metal line coonnects to the lower part of the intake where i have it right?

So you just replace the facoty metal tube with a rubber hose?

UCW, It looks like he has the bypass set up as "T". If anything I think it will just affect the heater. Prolly be fine. I wouldnt run a rubber hose under the manifold though.

Edited by Funky Phil