Magna Head M9 2 more as of 8-26-2015

JDM

did you read the first page? Post #5 and #11.

there is some things that need to be addressed before you bolt it on.

the rear water port for example. UNLESS your running a magna intake.

either way you still need a magna gasket or weld the rear water port down to stock size.

Other then that one litle problem

it iwill bolt to the block and exhaust manifold no problem.

just the intake rear water port is the problem.

^^^^

I have PM'ed people who have expressed interest in the Magna high compression M8/9 heads.

I've spoken to someone quite knowledgeable on these Heads, and there is at least 1mm oversized,

38mm exhaust and 46 inlet.

The n/a exhaust valves are fine unless serious boost over 1 bar (14lbs+) is applied. You would upgrade to

stainless steel valves together with upgraded spring rates and cam.

Trilogy sells the upgraded cam & springs (or the Beehive stuff I've seen on ebay)

I've kept this guy 'Boostcreep' on my watch list for the valves but never replies to my question of availability

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290243326705?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

People with Magna inlets would benefit with these Heads the most for improved flow but as discussed with Importwarrior,

some small mods are required for the standard inlet set up.

Cheers, Mal

Its because these m9 heads are designed for na. It was said years ago the m9 is going to raise to 11:1 on these engines. So not good for boost and why people used m6 heads (myself included). I know of only 1 person that lis running a m9 and its very recent. Curt on the facebook starion conquest group. And he even said 11:1 is what he was told it would be. Its something to think about. And high boost might be a problem though. He is giving it a shot though and glad he is to maybe prove it wasnt such a bad idea and shunned off years ago! Edited by tsiconquest88