Crazy little car

Turbo Cary

http://eliogenuine.eliomotors.com/?utm_expid=85201925-4.SHWCH5fQRM-19fPissYByg.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F

This company is making a three wheeled two seater. It uses a 3 cyl 0.9L engine with 55hp and 55 tq. It only costs 6800.

Someone is going to end up throwing a busa motor in one.

• Like 1

Any motor swap will require some modification of the original vehicle, such as spacing/mounting, fuel, brakes, and suspension. The busa motor will deliver 195bhp, but at 228 pounds (with gearbox and ready to run), is super heavy for this chassis setup. Same would go for the ZX-14R motor.

I would suggest a Honda liter motor...152 pounds (with gearbox and ready to run) and 167bhp, with arguably the best mid-range power and widest powerband on the market.

You could also opt for the GSXR1000 or R1 liter engines (at 168 and 172 pounds with gearboxes and ready to run, respectively), although I'm partial to the Honda because of what I mentioned above. Not to mention it's a Honda...simply no better reliability in motorcycle engines than Honda.

Whatever the preference...there will definitely be some people crunching the numbers on a swap for this thing.

• Like 1

Ha! I transported the prototype of this vehicle. Maybe 2 years ago, I met one of the engineers and some of deep wallets funding it.

It was pretty cool in person. Ask me if I bothered to snap a picture of this on my truck!

I had to be super careful not to damage anything while loading it. Was one of the most challenging vehicles I ever loaded.

That's cool. how was the inside of it? Any leg room or side to ride room?

Is not too bad inside. Not for tall heavy set person. But just fine for the average Joe.

I delivered it to Redondo Beach at some dudes beach front house. They used it for promotional video.

Upon unloading that thing, one if their reps was inside of it and I asked him "do you have your foot in the brakes? I will reelease my cable and let you drive off"

Guy tells me, "good to go!" So I released my winch cable and wouldnt you know it? Guy didnt have his foot on the brake and the car rolled down hill in reverse, slammed into a parked car!

It damaged the prototype. Im looking at all of them like "that's not my fault!" I dont know what happened after.

I have been waiting for the release of one of these for years, the projected manufacturer date keeps getting pushed back, I would not be surprised if it eventually disappears. now they are trying to get more investors to make 15 more prototypes (progressive refinements).