Mpi 83

I don't think there's a lot of Flatty love in the starquest world. Everyone pulls the hood and lights and junks it, so doubt anyone would mpi it.

Personally, if I ever get around to owning a quest, it would be an 83 only. Drop in a 4g64/4g63t or 4d56t. Ditch the hood and watch everyone one here wrestle for it.

I personally see all kinds of flatty love, hell I'm one of them. The biggest thing that probably really limits how many 83s are rolling around would be the number made along with how difficult it would be to repair rust on them using replacement panels. By this I mean that chances are any 83 you find will have at least some body rust and unless you have some original patch panels etc you would need to make them yourself. I had to deal with this very thing on my car hence my widebody conversion. So yea, people take off the hood and lights and cut their losses.

Flatty Love!!!

I keep trying to convince the wife to go LS1 or JZ2 in her flatty.

Those are some very impressive numbers for TBI. What kind of fuel? Boost psi?

Independently wired Bosh 044 fatty, adjustable fpr at 52psi base pressure, 3in gm maf, safc2, 50/68 trim t3t4, stock 89 inectors, lc2 wb, max tow efp gauge

Runs perfect afrs all the way threw band touching 11.8 at 7000k rpm daily, spools at 3500, this car is fast and run crazy good. I do beleive the way it is set up is the best system for tbi I'd recommend anyone to do it

Edited by twojayzeestarion

With the 18g td06 this thing put down 350 410 uncorrected. Now that I have the t3t4 on the it feels even faster

Independently wired Bosh 044 fatty, adjustable fpr at 52psi base pressure, 3in gm maf, safc2, 50/68 trim t3t4, stock 89 inectors, lc2 wb, max tow efp gauge

Runs perfect afrs all the way threw band touching 11.8 at 7000k rpm daily, spools at 3500, this car is fast and run crazy good. I do beleive the way it is set up is the best system for tbi I'd recommend anyone to do it

Those numbers don't add up. Stock injectors don't flow enough to produce 350 hp. Even at 52 psi base pressure. Using 2 secondary injectors wont get you there either. You would need something like x2 1400cc injectors to get enough fuel.

Chrisviper did 331 hp with higher base pressure, greddy emanage piggyback and an extra injector before the TB.

I hate to say it but I agree with ucw. I just don't see how those numbers are possible with stock injectors. I saw that post earlier today, looked through the build thread and didn't see a reference to injector size, and have been watching here to see what you used.