Fuel pressure gauge

schaffman

This maybe really stupid but, I ordered an electronic 3 - 1 gauge and was wondering where I need to put the pressure sensor on my 88 with TBI. Anyone have any ideas? Was thinking about the allen head set screw in the back but was afraid of what would be behind it. Didn't know if it had anything to do with the pulsation damper or if it would even work. Edited by 88351wtsi

The allen screw on the back is just a plug to cover the hole where they drilled the fuel passage. You can tap that to a NPT size and put your gauge sender there.

But, that screw is on SUPER tight. I broke an allen socket trying to get it off. You have to remove the fuel rail and drain it. Then clamp it in a vise and heat it with a torch. Once it's hot the allen plug will come out easily. Then you can drill, tap and install.

A little late to the party but I bought a 1/8"NPT Marshall gauge for mine, non fluid-filled, for cheap money off ebay--maybe 10 bucks? I can't remember. It lasted 4 years so I can't complain.

I have the summit one shown earlier tapped into the unused port.... works great, only thing to be careful of is do not angle the gauge to far "up". There isn't much clearance there and if you try pointing the face "up" it can hit the hood. Point it straight to the side.

I got a cyberdyne electrical that's in my gauge pod. I guess I wouldn't recommend it because the leds are burning out and it's getting hard to read.

Last one I had worked great for years. This newer one supposedly has manufacture flaws now form what I read on the net.

Looking at glow shift gauges now for fuel pressure.

I went with the banjo fitting that screws into the top fuel filter line. Very nice and easy. Had to turn it down lot. It was 65lbs. Turned it down to 48lbs. The injectors suggest 43-45.