taillights cleaning

prototype78

Stick them in the oven at lowest setting jeep an eye on em, take them them out look at back housing plasitic note were lens snap in, while light is hot pry with small lever were the lens tabs are very carfully work around entire light in small steps, re heat if nessary, be careful! Onece you get them apart remove rust metal, clean all glue from housing and lens very important and use a good sealer, i normally pick up some chrome paint and paint where th metal was Edited by twojayzeestarion

Thats why i rather have someone with experience to do since it will be uk. Taillights

Like 2J and UCW, I have cracked one also. Experience helps, but isn't fool proof. If the lens already had an edge that is stressed, it can crack very easily, even using the most caution. If you guys decide to make the deal, that's cool, it's your business. I do suggest that you discuss the "what ifs" between yourselves ahead of time, in case one does get cracked. Just my thoughts.

BC_99

If you guys decide to make the deal, that's cool, it's your business. I do suggest that you discuss the "what ifs" between yourselves ahead of time, in case one does get cracked. Just my thoughts.

BC_99

That is why I wont offer to do this for anyone. Too much liability.

I didnt take mine apart when I cleaned them. Old plastic.... scary...

Used a bottle brush. came clean. used a heat gun on low and blew air threw them till dry. Let em sit a few days to make sure they were dry. good to go.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t563/originalmoxiecat/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150401_194006_777_zpsvmm0o30e.jpg

they arnt that fragile, as long as you get them up to about 200° the come right apart, and if i broke somones light while repairing it id definatly send back one of my own so it would be on me, i have one of every type of tail light in my possesion othwr than the japan spec late model starion lights. you could definatly trust me with your lights as im not a broke nor in experianced person

also. do not use heat gun, ive found they heat the light up un evenly and cause one side to have friction while removing lens which is what ends up cracking them. that said if you trust in me your light will look amazing when you get it back Edited by twojayzeestarion