rocker arms

aruggs15

The only adjustable roller rockers that I have ever seen were from Australia. Cannot remember the source...it may have even been one of the things Glenn sold (who spearheaded our modified Magna intake designs). That has been about 12-13 years ago.

kev

You can make the rollers from a v6 caravan or 1.5l Mirage workwell. Don't know if I've ever seen them as mechsnicals though. But by the time you make the mods to get them to work, you might as well just locate some down under and call it done.

- Charles

so basically all there is , is the hydraulic rollers then ? then my question is if I'm putting a bigger cam in it like a schneider 296 roller grind what is everyone setting the installed valve stem height at ? or is there enough travel in the lifter to make up the difference ?

I believe that the only way to get a Mech roller rocker that'll sit right in is to get them from a Magna. Even then, I can't even tell you what years had the mechanical. I would only suggest getting some Magna rockers.

To make any rocker arm work other than one off of a Magna, there are going to be various modifications made to the valve stem tip, custom cam grind and more. That's not to say a schneider grind. It would have to be a custom grind to make up for the difference in ratio. The Caravan V6 rollers as well as the Mirage rockers have a different ratio than the Magna rockers. Not much, but enough to make a noticeable difference. I believe I have a couple sets of V6 Caravan rockers as well as 1.5L Mirage rockers sitting around the shop somewhere collecting dust.

If I can find the Caravan rockers, I'd be willing to let them go for $20+shp if you're interested. Hopefully someone who's used rollers from other cars can chime in. That's about all the help I can give. Good luck. Might do this myself if you can get them to work for a reasonable price.

- Charles