The "Fight": Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Who's Wacthing?

Hyped up as "the fight of the century", two fighters past their prime. So who's dropping the Benjamin Franklin to watch this thing?

I want to see it out of curiosity. But definitely not willing to drop a C note for it.

I know it's gonna be 12 rounds of Mayweather avoiding the fight, dodging and dancing, getting in a few punches till all 12 rounds clock out, only to be declared the winner in the end.

Boxing lost its appeal long ago. This fight should have happened 6 to 10 years ago.

Only thing I got to say, I hope Pacquiao knocks him out with a vengeance. I cannot stand that arrogant loser Mayweather.

Edited by louswheel

My family bought it. I agree it should have happened a long time ago. Either Mayweather gets knocked out(awesome) or it goes 12 rounds for the Mayweather decision(boring but thats where I think its going to go).

Yeah, thats what I believe will happen also, Mayweather will do his best to avoid getting into the fight, he's gonna get in a few good licks. But nothing exciting and then it will go the full 12 rounds to the score cards and the judges will somehow find it possible to (boxing is fixed) score in favor of Mayweather.

I asked the local bar what they got quoted to show it. It was 6 thousand dollars. They obviously refused. Rediculous

My only contribution to this topic.

They charge per occupancy capacity. Hooters were charging $30 per person.

Well, just as I expected a dance and hugging game by Mayweather and he still wins the fight.

Boxing is fixed. What a bunch of lies. Glad I kept my $100

Mayweather banks at the same bank as I do , i guess i'll bump into him again on Monday .

Ask him to kick you down a million or two, to buy out all the StarQuest up from sale in North America!

Man I would have been really po'd if dropped a C note to watch Mayweather dance and hug.

Boxing has been in the ICU for the last few years, this last fight just pulled all life support from the sport.

I'm done with it. I'll stick to UFC, heck I'll watch WWE before wasting my $ or time with boxing.

Guys got great taste in the cars he drives , I'll give him that ,otherwise he's arrogant s.o.b but he can afford to be , no Muhammad Ali either in or out of the ring .

The bar near me has an occupancy of 126 so that's over $45 a person. That Is also assuming the restaurant portion in the back can see through a wall to watch. I can't see this being profitable. Hooters at $30 is a steal.

I asked the local bar what they got quoted to show it. It was 6 thousand dollars. They obviously refused. Rediculous

My only contribution to this topic.

They charge per occupancy capacity. Hooters were charging $30 per person.

Well, just as I expected a dance and hugging game by Mayweather and he still wins the fight.

Boxing is fixed. What a bunch of lies. Glad I kept my $100

The sport of boxing, and the promoters as well, are going to cause their own "death."

Even a national chain like Buffalo Wild Wings, which has traditionally been a place to go for UFC and big boxing matches, declined to carry the fight. They were quoted $5100 per unit (huge discount btw) to do so...at 1080 units, that comes to $5,508,000.00 for them to carry it chain-wide...ridiculous.

Here in the Houston area, only twelve venues were carrying the fight. Third-largest metropolitan area in the country...twelve locations showing the fight. Cheapest we found was $30 per person for standing room only. Most expensive was $320 per person.

The concept at which I work was quoted $11500 to have the fight. They base the rate off of your seating capacity, which they confirm by using your certificate of occupancy. The flaw is that, with a location like ours, only 60% of the seating has a view of a television. We have one of the city's largest outdoor patios (without television in sight)...but it's included in what we'd have to pay to get the fight. We know we can fit, sitting and standing, 275 people in the area that has televisions. As such we figured out, that for us to show the fight, we would have to charge $42 per person...just to make our money back...not worth the headache or the risk of pissing off our regular customers.

RIP professional boxing.

Edited by NikoFab

Another gamble is if you don't sell even 5 of those admissions your out $250 before the night starts. Fight starts late so say a bunch of already drunk viewers show up so they don't buy much food. Then you also get a bunch of cheapies who are out $40 so only drink a bud or two. So then you barely make back that $250. A lot of regulars are forced to go elsewhere so more lost revenue. People get very exited and its packed so a ton of glasses get broken and maybe a bar fight breaks out.

How is this to even be a break even night for a bar?

I don't know of any restaurants/ bars in SoCal that charged more than $30. Buffalo Wild Wings had 6 or 7 locations that showed the fight, I believe it was 30 like Hooters.

I didn't want to cough up the $60 for the wife and I, plus food and drinks. We easily could have blown $200 just to view a fight and some grub.

If it was a good event like a title ufc, maybe. But chicken Mayweather, I'll never pay to watch that clown, ever.

All the news outlets and social media are reporting the same thing, boring over hyped over priced fight, a sham, the death of boxing.

Edited by louswheel

Forman started this retirement fighting thing , it's nothing more then a way to expend their

biger then life , life style , I'd give $10 max maybe to see it

Forman did over $100 million this way ,but we allow it

I was just discussing this

topic with friends: how many hard working class people got ripped off by this "fight" scam?

I'm taking minimum wage workers, people busting their tails, blue collar guys etc.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of who purchased this fight by economic stages.

Edited by louswheel

I am not a Mayweather fan but I respect the fact that it does not matter who you put in front of him, the boxer will be effectively neutralized.

So Mayweather did just enough to win. This is how you retire with all your teeth and all your faculty while making hundreds of millions of dollars.

The exciting parts of the fight have to be watched in slow motion to be appreciated. These little guys are lightening fast so you miss most of the fight(they can hit you while(NOT AFTER YOU MISS BUT WHILE) you just missed trying to hit them)

and most people just want to two sluggers going at it.

Edited by lionbull

Someone on twitter said:

"Mayweather hugged Paquiao more times than my dad has hugged me my whole life"

Lol glad I didnt watch it

Yeah, more hugs than an episode of Care Bears!