Mods, why did the word game thread get removed ?

As much fun as I like to poke sometimes, the mods are just enforcing policy...You agree, through your use of StarQuestClub.com, that you will not post any material which may be seen as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

This is in the SQC Policy section, which each of us agreed to when joining. Regardless of our opinion, we have to respect that...because we have each effectively signed off on it. There's plenty of boards that permit such posting...this just isn't one of them. Ultimately the site owner establishes the rules...the mods just enforce them.

Anywho, I think Harry's question was, what exactly violated policy? It's a legit question coming from a legit member, and it was answered by a legit MOD.

Thank you for that. For the record, it was already hidden before I logged on this evening. But I agree with why it was hidden.

As much fun as I like to poke sometimes, the mods are just enforcing policy...You agree, through your use of StarQuestClub.com, that you will not post any material which may be seen as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

This is in the SQC Policy section, which each of us agreed to when joining. Regardless of our opinion, we have to respect that...because we have each effectively signed off on it. There's plenty of boards that permit such posting...this just isn't one of them. Ultimately the site owner establishes the rules...the mods just enforce them.

Anywho, I think Harry's question was, what exactly violated policy? It's a legit question coming from a legit member, and it was answered by a legit MOD.

Technically every single member probably violates these rules, because I've seen a LOT of false/inaccurate/hateful/harassing material on here, including info from the mods.

Ill agree to that Niko but this is in the BS Section, it doesnt really matter whats posted here, its not like there was any questions on how to fix a Starquest......

I agree...but my agreeing is irrelevant nonetheless...just as are our opinions to some degree. We don't own the site.

For example, I could say, in essence, that using the section title "BS" is itself a violation of the SQC policy. We all know what "BS" stands for. Hell, my fourteen year old knows what "BS" stands for. By the letter of SQC policy, the site is in violation of its own doctrine...it's skirting its own language filter...a violation for which I've seen several member's posts deleted. Such are the perks of ownership I suppose.

Simple fact remains that it's not my site, and I'm not a MOD...so I'm subject to objection.

Edited by NikoFab

Technically every single member probably violates these rules, because I've seen a LOT of false/inaccurate/hateful/harassing material on here, including info from the mods.

Yes that's true...and every single member is subject to those same rules. Look guys, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the thread being pulled. I'm just stating facts that are in black and white...I'm not painting any opinion here.

Even when it was my turn to go and the obvious answer was dirty, I withheld. I thought it was fairly tame.

RIP soup

That's because there are 20+ posts that have been hidden. All site policy issues. The mod staff have been checking it daily.

This is in the SQC Policy section, which each of us agreed to when joining. Regardless of our opinion, we have to respect that...because we have each effectively signed off on it.

By signing off on it does that also mean we should alert mods when we see violations and ask for a thread cleanup?

Edited by JohnnyWadd

By signing off on it does that also mean we should alert mods when we see violations and ask for a thread cleanup?

Also from said SQC policy... Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of StarQuestClub.com immediately.

That's a great question...that could very well be what caused it to be removed. If somebody reports a thread, and it's found to be in violation, then the mods have to remove it...in order to preserve the policy of doctrine. Sucks sometimes but such is life.

Also from said SQC policy... Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of StarQuestClub.com immediately.

Ah I thought so. I know of such a thread.

Edited by JohnnyWadd

That's a great question...that could very well be what caused it to be removed. If somebody reports a thread, and it's found to be in violation, then the mods have to remove it...in order to preserve the policy of doctrine. Sucks sometimes but such is life.

Well I am all for it. If fact I have participated in such a thing.

Edited by JohnnyWadd

http://images.dailykos.com/images/136138/large/butthurt.jpg?1427608079

im guessing the bunny on the right was wearing a chocolate pancake and the bunny on the left ate it ?