50 Shades of Red

cheesey

• 3 weeks later...

Hit a bit of a snag. Body guy said he is worried about what type of primer to use on the side and rear spoiler. I think whoever was working with him pushed the car by the back spoiler and the primer cracked. Is there a special primer that is more flexible or is just the nature of the beast when it comes to these parts. Any help would be appreciated.

He said it is getting there otherwise so hope I have some more updates soon.

From all the research I did before painting my car the best way to go about it is using a special primer and then adding a flex agent to the paint. Since I did mine with rustoleum paint... well its not the same thing as what you have going on. Good luck and get that sucker back together!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good, why did you leave on the rear spoiler?

He actually ended up taking it off. Which I was happy with because if I ever had issues with it then it wouldn't be painted or clear coated on. Got the air dam bolted to the upper bumper skin last night. Hopefully I get it back soon so I can get the rest of it together.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question about the trim for the front window. is there supposed to be any adhesive used on it? the top piece doesn't want to sit flush. the side pieces are a lil wonky too. all the clips are there.