Dangit, How Many Times Must I Repair my New Sprinklers?

ucw458

I've come to the conclusion that orbit products are junk. I used the Orbit sprinkler layout tool on Home Depot's site. I even added a few sprinklers and didn't have enough coverage. Orbit's dual pattern brass nozzles are junk. They don't spray as far as they claim and have a crappy spray pattern. I've had 6 of their 4" pop ups that I installed this year explode. So I've replaced 6 broken sprinklers. I've had to replace 2 more sprinklers with single stream 30' units because my lawn had dead patches the sprinklers wouldn't cover.

The sprinklers are rated for 70 psi and the most I've ever seen from city water was 45 psi. None of them were hit by a lawnmower. In fact 4 of the broken ones were in my flower bed. I just fixed the last broken one today and had to switch the flower bed to all non popups and even one of those broke. I've only had this system installed for about 6-7 months. They just don't make stuff like they used too anymore.

end rant

It's called a water hose. Use one. lol. I don't know the brands, but I do know the plastic pop up ones suck. In out other house we replaced those with the old school brass ones. Or even those oscillating type.

you sure about that city pressure,, in town here the pressure changes due to distance from a pump,,

but normal range is 80 to 100 lbs

sounds like what your using is made for a home well system where normal pressures are 60-65 lbs

you may need a pressure regulator in the main supply line

people on in city water have to use very heavy duty water hoses , standard water hose won't last a week here in Ocala, and I'd suspect it's the same in most larger citys

when I first put in my well I set pressure to 65 lbs and I could run 9 diff water sprinklers while trying to grow grass

I later droped it to just under 60 because of having a double wide,, the plastic hose used to run thru out the home

can explode with pressures 60 and above

How about you stop using norther California's water we are in a farging drought for Christ's sake!

lol yeah! It's why I have weeds, rocks and sand! I threw some red wood chips and California native plants and called it a day.

And I tried suggesting the "Fockers" water conservation method at home, you know if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down...but no one in household was down with that! Lol

My pressure is 45 max. I logged pressure over a week to make sure. I wanted to increase the house pressure to something above 15 psi but I wanted to make sure the water supply didn't spike above 45. Didn't want to blow any hoses in the house. I tried a plastic rainbird but the top was weaker on that one and it blew in 3 days. Now I'm on to toro brand and they seem to be holding up.

The biggest problem was the flower bed. With only 3 sprinklers on that valve the popups got hit hard when they turned on. I think that's why I blew 4 of them there. I switched to x2 fixed with a bubbler in the middle. Shouldn't have any more problems.

people on in city water have to use very heavy duty water hoses , standard water hose won't last a week here in Ocala, and I'd suspect it's the same in most larger citys

I've blown x2 garden hoses so far. I didn't buy them but they were the cheap ones. It doesn't help that I turn the water on and off at the end of the hose when I use it.

How about you stop using norther California's water we are in a farging drought for Christ's sake!

Just for that I'm leaving the hose on for a couple days. :P

some thing is deff off , in the last 25 years sence I cleared my property I have bought a ton , 25 or more water hoses , floria 100 + heat will really make short of those cleap hoses , but I just can't

find it reasonable to put out $40 for a dam hose . I had towater oh 2.5 acres of my 3.5 acres when

trying to get grass where nothing but 10 inches of dead leafs over time had coverd the ground once I cleared 400 trees . and 400 is not a lie ,, I was in better shape back in the early 90's

once the leafs were removed I had a sand beach .

it took 7 years to see green and around $3k a year trying to made sand grow ssome thing

and sead man I got tired of buying it just to have it washed away by these thunder storms , that always came uo a day after I seeded the ground , I found spreading seed on top of the ground was a waste of time ..so what I finally came uo was to plow the seed into the ground , lots of seed,, then rolling the ground wth a big roller then water it as much as I could ,, now those storms still washed some seed but there was more under them ,buried seed 6 inches deep, eventually I beat the rains and had a good yard of grass ,, but grass in sand ill no take much traffic for a good 5-6 yrs so the roots got deep

lol on my property you will not find a single stone or rock , I'm on top of 46 foot of pure beach sand ;(

enough to take a good hold and be 1/2 way stable

after 5 years of same as you fighting these cheap china sprinkler tips , I installed a crap load

of spickets and went with aboveground sprayers I had to remove and install , man did that get old , now I do not water the grass at all , let the rain do it , the roots are deep enough to come back after a dry spell with a few good rains

Edited by Shelby