Always the lowest and the fastest, now DOHC G54b

Komeuppance

Burton, I wish you and your new family the best... even though your many posts indicate you wish otherwise for me. I hope the vendors section is still helping you out a lot, which you stated really made a lot of your sales. I also hope you'll stop bashing this site and it's members behind their backs... especially since you profit from being here.

-Robert

I was directed to this post earlier, but couldn't reply until now. At first, I planned on coming here and dropping F bombs by skirting the language filter, and telling you to shove the Vendor's section you know where. After talking to the wife tonight, I decided, that it just wasn't worth it. I actually realized, there are a lot of things that just aren't worth it anymore in the SQ world for me...

I got my own SQ a little over 11 years ago, but my love for them started way back in 86 when I was 13 and my dad brought home a brand new ESI-R That one was stolen and totaled 6 months after he got it, but replaced it with an 87 ESI-R that he kept til 92. I tried to buy it from him rather than him trading it in, but he thought I'd kill myself in the thing, and he may have been right. I have a lot of good memories with my dad in those cars. I think that's what brought me here in 02... When it was time to find a fun project car, I was looking at DeLoreans, and somehow a Conquest came up in the search. I had actually forgotten about them to an extent until then, but when I saw the car, all those memories came back and I knew instantly That I was going to get a SQ. Looking back, I wish I had gotten a DeLorean... They've pretty much doubled in value since then. Anyway, I had the love for the car, and then once I was in the community, it was so close knit, that just made the love for the car that much stronger. I've met a lot of really good people and made lots of close, life-long friends.

But things have changed. The community is different... I don't know if it's different because of this site or any other SQ site... Maybe it's just a different group or type of people... Maybe time and societal changes have changed us all and turned us into different people... Maybe it's Obama's fault, or even a combination of all those things. Hell, maybe it's all my fault. Maybe I've turned into a bitter old man, and took everyone down with me. At this point, I don't know and I don't really care. All I know, is the love is gone.

I have been stressed a lot lately, what with the baby on the way, and just trying to keep everything together as a stay at home dad, husband, business owner, and friend to many. I had already talked to the wife, and decided it was probably in my best interest to quit being a SQ vendor. The vendor section did help sales for a while, but after a couple months, they trickled back down to the volumes they were before (so don't pat yourself on the back too hard, Robert). I put a lot of time into this community making and selling parts, as I do for a few other kinds of cars I like. The difference, is I make a lot more doing the parts for the other cars. If I try and charge more, nothing sells, and at the prices they're at, they don't even sell much. I think it's funny Robert used the term "profitable" I've made about minimum wage for my time to make the parts and take them to the shipper. The stuff I do for other cars makes me about $20/hr, plus about 10-20% extra.... That's profitable. I'm not even gonna get into the 10+ hours a week I spend answering questions about my products, or giving body and paint quotes... never to have those people actually purchase anything. That said, there have been lots of great people who have purchased and enjoyed my products, and a number of people who actually spent substantial amounts of money on my products or services.... I thank you all immensely.

Anyway, I've been stressed about SQ stuff being much less profitable than other stuff, as well as the time I put into SQ stuff compared to my other products. Losing molds and a FG supplier to a typhoon didn't help much either. Then, add the Cal BS, and other madness from people on Facebook (can you believe CJ Franger is still out there in SQ land?), and I'm just sick of all of it.

My time here on SQC is done, as is my time as a vendor. I'll probably bail from some SQ pages on Facebook too.... Just need to get the stress out of my life, so I can focus happiness on my family, friends, and what little profitable business I have time left over to do after the "important" stuff in life. If I had to make a decision right now, my time at 26liter would be done, and I'd be selling all my SQ stuff... cars, parts, all of it. I'm hoping a break from here and being a vendor puts some SQ love back in my life, but if not, then I'll re-evaluate that in a few months.

Robert, I hope you don't feel flattered, or get an even bigger ego thinking you were the one who ran me off... you're just the straw that broke the camel's back. I do think it's pretty ironic tho that for someone who is a moderator, and doesn't want drama, you sure end up in enough of it. I mean, starting this thread, and then proceeding to do the exact same crap you admonish others for doing? Pot, meet kettle. For the record, I haven't talked bad about this site in a long time, and even when I did, it wasn't about the site as a whole... it was usually about certain people that were bringing this site down. I have never "bashed members behind their backs" either. There have only been a handful of people I have not gotten along with... You, Cal, PQ, Ulrich, Franger, *DM... I think that's about it. I have never made my dislike of you or anyone else on that list something that was a secret or said behind backs. In fact, I think I made it abundantly clear to the few people who disrespected me that I didn't much care for them.

Hell, who knows, maybe the drama's all because of me, and after I'm gone, things will be nothing but hugs and kisses. I guess we'll know then that it was all my fault :)

Like I said, there are good people here and in the SQ community as a whole... I'm sure the friends I've made will remain friends weather I'm into SQ's or not, so I'm good. There's great info about theses cars, not just on this site, but all over the SQ community. I'm sure y'all will be helping future generations of SQers for a long time. However, my time helping here is done. Feel free to suspend my account , just give me a couple hours to check and make sure I don't have any other threads I need to reply to before I go.

It's been great. Keep 'em spooled, and happy motoring!

Edited by Burton

Burton, It's easy to manage the stress (believe me, I know). When you come here, I just stick to looking at items for sale / wanted and mods. I stay away from all the bs posts. I probably look at 1 out of every 40 posts. The only reason I clicked this one was because of the post title.

Idiots (not saying anyone is), only get to you if you let them. If they get to you, that is your fault and your fault alone.

Burton, It's easy to manage the stress (believe me, I know). When you come here, I just stick to looking at items for sale / wanted and mods. I stay away from all the bs posts. I probably look at 1 out of every 40 posts. The only reason I clicked this one was because of the post title.

Idiots (not saying anyone is), only get to you if you let them. If they get to you, that is your fault and your fault alone.

I know this. I am not blaming my leaving on anyone but me.

I have tried to avoid the BS forum or posts by certain people, and it works for a few days but eventually, I fall back into them.

The idiots will only get to me if I let them, and I guess I do, because it gets to me. So, I have 2 choices... Stay someplace that causes me stress just because of my own inabilities or lack of willpower, or distance myself from the stress because I obviously can't handle it. I am choosing the healthier option, and leaving.

This is ALL me. I am doing what is the healthiest and most important to my life, family, and livelihood. 100% total selfishness.

Anyway, I responded to the post about the baby, and I think that's all I need to deal with, so I will sign off now. Mods, please take down my vendor posts and remove my vendor title. You can also suspend, cancel, or do whatever you feel is right with my account.

Edited by Burton

Mark you do know you can back off take a rest ,vacation , what ever with out doing some thing like deleteing your account, all postings , includeing those 'how' to threads that are so helpful to so many

would be removed if you did that

Ooops, wasn't trying to drag anyone into this pointless BS lol. Some of us, including myself, take the internet a bit too seriously from time to time.

Like I said, there are good people here and in the SQ community as a whole... I'm sure the friends I've made will remain friends weather I'm into SQ's or not, so I'm good.

Thanks for taking the time to reply without the Fbombs and such, Mark. We did get along at some point, I remember this, and chatting for hours. What I don't remember is what happened exactly to make it go awry, but I'd rather not rehash that if anyone does remember. As harsh as this may sound, it's not important anymore.

I only posted to respond to the thread asking where I had gone, correct the actual reasons for my absence, and put forth an olive branch hoping the drama stops here. (Yes everyone, I am aware of the downfalls in making this thread, but am positive the outcome will benefit us... or else lol)

We don't need to do this to each other, adding useless drama and stress into each other's lives. I'm sure everyone else is tired of it too. It may never go back to the way it was, but we can make it better if we try.

Time away really puts things in perspective, if you feel you need it, that's great. I take no gratification in being responsible for anyone leaving. and hope you come back soon.

-Robert

This thread needs some Pancake bunny . :)

Wurd

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/carguygibby/bunny_zps3c5b20fd.png

You know I'll always show up for some pancake bunny.

Oh yeah...hi Robert! :lol: