Hows this for a amazing deal on new non jet head

G54Bstore

ordered it on Sunday and got it this morning.Tues.

Byron from cific

$199 shipped bare non jet valve head.

the packaging was amazing and the shipping time was amazing as well.

looks nice

I paid $325 for the head complete with used parts. That included non turbo exhaust valves and weak springs. I see this casting has that keyway cut out at the front on the bolt channel. My CW didn't.

Might be picking up one of these.... thanks for the heads-up!

-N8

yup yw ..i thought it was a spectacular deal but some of these guys here seem not to think its so great .

loaded or fully assembled is only a good deal when you make sure the set up is for a turbo engine,, even then your better off reuseing your old valves , the odds of your old valves being nonuse able is not very likely , and even new oem springs are not nearly as good as the snedier springs from Dad

std caravan springs are #64 lb,, turbo oem are #74 lb and the snedier springs are #95-100 ;)

loaded or fully assembled is only a good deal when you make sure the set up is for a turbo engine,, even then your better off reuseing your old valves , the odds of your old valves being nonuse able is not very likely , and even new oem springs are not nearly as good as the snedier springs from Dad

std caravan springs are #64 lb,, turbo oem are #74 lb and the snedier springs are #95-100 ;)

nice ..thats a good idea shelby thanx for chimeing in here because i need to contact Dad about some snieder springs before i go putting this all together.

Would one of these heads be nice with Schneider springs and SS valves (both from Dads site) and Felpro Valve seals and a stock cam?

...and If running a new 16G, would porting and polishing be worth the ca$h?

-N8

i had a clearwater from dad with schneider springs and it was a fine. if this is the same head.

the only thing i did was smooth the runners. basically polish the intake and exhaust runners to get rid

of the casting marks. no porting. seem to work good.