Mookeh reproduction Hoods

cheesey

i have one.. its a pretty nice hood, some of them seem to have a "bow" so to say from the front to the back, like the center is raised, kinda hard to explain.. ive seen some with a bad bow and some like mine that its there, but you really dont notice it..

thanks for the pics and info guys. Just started my project. just trying to find out the best route to go. dmeyer your car looks pretty sick! C19 I like the ford symbol nice touch but doesn't yours have a 2jz? must be one confused car. lots of love for the 2j's though.

thanks for the pics and info guys. Just started my project. just trying to find out the best route to go. dmeyer your car looks pretty sick! C19 I like the ford symbol nice touch but doesn't yours have a 2jz? must be one confused car. lots of love for the 2j's though.

nope, im a 1jz owner.. the ford sticker was because i used to work at a ford dealer, but ive just never removed it.. it now has a toyota sticker over the ford emblem.. haha

• 3 weeks later...

Burton made the cowl hoods. He only sold 5 or so units. He sent the molds overseas to be used where the hoods could be produced cheaper. Last I heard, the molds may have been destroyed by that huge typhoons that hit there recently. He is waiting to hear some word on it last I heard.

Also. ..I love your sqc handle. I'm a huge Carolina fan. I'll be up there tomorrow for the game against Davidson.

BC_99

• 2 weeks later...
for sure. hopefully its not too much of a headache. it was hard choosing between fixing the original 83 hood and getting a fiberglass one. It has some us holes in it. I just don't think I have the tools time and know how. Don't want to wreck it either.The original 83 hood might be up for sale if a local guy doesn't buy it.

i have one.. its a pretty nice hood, some of them seem to have a "bow" so to say from the front to the back, like the center is raised, kinda hard to explain.. ive seen some with a bad bow and some like mine that its there, but you really dont notice it..

My 83 and cowl hoods had the same bow. I wonder if the mold for the Mookeeh unit was made using one of the 83 hoods from my molds as the plug. I had both the 83 and cowl hood molds remade to try and get rid of that bow, as well as the rib on the cowl hoods.

Burton made the cowl hoods. He only sold 5 or so units. He sent the molds overseas to be used where the hoods could be produced cheaper. Last I heard, the molds may have been destroyed by that huge typhoons that hit there recently. He is waiting to hear some word on it last I heard.

BC_99

BC is right. The old hood molds as well as the rebuilt hood molds were there, in addition to about 5 or 6 other molds for parts I make for other cars. They also had the test hoods from the new molds and a bunch of production parts there waiting to go on the next container back here. Not sure what, if any is left. The molder was pretty much put out of business and many molds were either washed away or destroyed. Their inventory data was also lost so they're having a hell of a time figuring out what's left and who it belongs to.

Edited by Burton