Who's car is this? 10 second 1/4 mile SQ

ucw458

Watch the right hand lane on the first race. Who's car is that? It was at the 2011 DSM shootout in norwalk, ohio.

There's a second SQ in the last race also going 10 seconds.

After posting this I watched it again. Sorry there is one F bomb after the first race.

Both 4G63 powered, other wise they wouldn't be allowed to compete. DSM/ Evo shoot out has to have 4g6X powered cars.

I would love a 4G63 powered StarQuest over any other engine swap. At least with a 4G63 I know it's still with in the Mitsu familt and SQ's outside the US came stock with those in SOHC form.

Those little engines make a ton if power without blowing a headgasket everytime you mash on them.

mostly 4g6x, there is the max effort auto x which combines your autocross time with quarter mile, in that class there is no engine restriction, although I think they're changing it to mitsu only. Also new this year were the gtr classes. While it is mostly 4g's other engines are allowed, such as the 6g72 and 4b11's. They also allow test and tune during the shootout so that brings in some different cars and bikes too.

I would love a 4G63 powered StarQuest over any other engine swap. At least with a 4G63 I know it's still with in the Mitsu familt and SQ's outside the US came stock with those in SOHC form.

Those little engines make a ton if power....

although I built my share of mongrels/cross breeding.... I actually feel the same way. A "real mitsu starquest", so to speak - lol

I've stored away a complete dsm motor, full harness(engine and cabin) & w58 for a future flatty build. Like a natural