fuel line thread

Malykaii

So no one has any 8mm fuel or brake line in stock. I'd like to order it online but don't know what the threading or end size is to look it up. No luck searching. Any help is apreciated. (I've conected the two ends to some fresh 5/16 tubing using compression fittings as a temporary solution but would like to do it right at some point)

Are you trying to replace the complete steel line from the pump to the fuel filter? If so just get a roll of 5/16 steel line and two edelmann part # 121069 flare nuts 14 x1.50 for 516 in line. I used the old line as a pattern and flared the ends.

5/16 line is .3125, 8mm is .31496 so it worked fine.

I don't have the tools to make flare ends, unless there's some MacGyver type of trick. I just put in some 5/16 tubing with compression fittings for now and its a spot on fit. Funny how its almost identical in size.

Thanks for the numbers, if no one has that to order, worst case I'll do what you did and find a shop that can flare the ends.

I don't have the tools to make flare ends, unless there's some MacGyver type of trick. I just put in some 5/16 tubing with compression fittings for now and its a spot on fit. Funny how its almost identical in size.

Thanks for the numbers, if no one has that to order, worst case I'll do what you did and find a shop that can flare the ends.

Parts stores have the flare tool for rent and purchase

Yeah just convert it to steal braided. I started out with the intent to bend new line, then I got under there and saw like 50 bends and said forget it. Went to local hydro shop with length I needed and had them crimp on ends. Got some of those nice padded loops and reinstalled mainly in stock areas.

I did rebend the rear hard brake lines and OMG NOT WORTH THE EFFORT.