MK1 Intake Boot

BoostedBimmer

Id check the condition of the of that o-ring/spacer. If it looks iffy I would leave it off. A good t-bolt clamp(and a good fitting hose) should eliminate the need for that spacer. The last thing in the world you want is to have the turbo eat all or any of that o-ring.

Does anyone have this silicone intake boot from MK1? Im assuming the rubber o-ring from our original intake boot that goes around the turbo inlet would need to be re-used? Opinions anyone?

http://www.ebay.com/...e048707&vxp=mtr

Ask 101 Propose for the inside diameter of the Turbo Hose. After you get it, measure the outside diameter of your Turbo Inlet. That will tell you what you need to know. Also. Like 89 Palermo SHP suggested....Use a T-Bolt Clamp.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

??? Recirculate hose??

Yes, from memory, there is a recirculate hose that goes from the bottom of the stock intake boot to a connection on top of the airlid can on 88-89 cars (right below that adjustable screw)...Im not sure what the purpose of that hose is for though.....

The hose from the bottom of the Accordian (Turbo Hose) fitting goes into the Oil Separator. (1987 Starion FSM Volume no. 1 Section 25-Page 5). The purpose is for Oil recirulation back into the crankcase.

A hose comes off of the Turbo Inlet hose bottom fitting. Another hose comes off of a Rubber/ Hard pipe at the Rear Valve cover. Both hoses connect to the Oil Separator near the top of the Air can. Then a third hose comes off the bottom of the Oil separator and runs to the bottom of the Oil pan.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Does anyone have this silicone intake boot from MK1? Im assuming the rubber o-ring from our original intake boot that goes around the turbo inlet would need to be re-used? Opinions anyone?

http://www.ebay.com/...e048707&vxp=mtrt

It was designed to reuse the original rubber oring. Many of those are in bad shape. You could get a coupling and cut it down to fill the gap, I have one here, but I have not used it yet,

Yes, from memory, there is a recirculate hose that goes from the bottom of the stock intake boot to a connection on top of the airlid can on 88-89 cars (right below that adjustable screw)...Im not sure what the purpose of that hose is for though.....

Ill accept that. When I first read recirculate the image of the 1gs or wrx set up came to mind. Such is not the case with any year quest.