mpi wireing help please

Hello everybody i could use some help please. I need to figure out how to wire my cluster so it works with MS. Im running a VR sensor, a GM coolent temp, and stcok oil sensor.... any help would be greatly aprecated..

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by nugget43

The VR and coolant temp sensors don't go to the cluster, only to the ECU. There is a single wire coolant temp sensor that goes to the cluster and you don't have to wire anything just remember to install it and plug in the stock harness. Same with the oil pressure, no changes.

There is a topic here to make your tach work with EDIS:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78932&hl=%2Bedis+%2Bfreaks

There's no way to connect the GM coolant temp sensor to the stock gauge. You can run an aftermarket coolant gauge or monitor the temp on the ecu software. Also, your stock coolant gauge should still work as long as you have it connected properly.

If your oil pressure gauge in the cluster isn't working, check the connection at the sender near the oil filter.

There is a topic here to make your tach work with EDIS:

http://www.starquest...l=+edis +freaks

There's no way to connect the GM coolant temp sensor to the stock gauge. You can run an aftermarket coolant gauge or monitor the on the ecu software. Also, your stock coolant gauge should still work as long as you have it connected properly.

If your oil pressure gauge in the cluster isn't working, check the connection at the sender near the oil filter.

ok well im not using any of the harness from the passenger side of the car (ECU harness) soo my new question is are those plugs on the ecu harness or the drivers side harness?

the engine harnes for the injectors and sensors and such goes from the

pasenger side. across the radiator support. behind the radiator. down under the battery.

to the cross member and up under the intake. then spreads out to the sensors and injectors.

you might need the oil pressure sender wire and the water temp sensor wire.

other than that you could possibly remove that harness seperate those 2 wires and

use them. your gauges should still work.

Yeah I took out that whole harness already... So where do the two wires plug into on the orther end?

Also do you guys think I should try and use the stock main relay or two single relays? My buddy wants me to run it the way the ms diagram shows...

Just rewired my temp so got good imput. Are you MPI? If so you can use the 1 wire sensor in the waterneck and wire that to ether the plug you removed the wireing from the passenger side from (plug is about where the heater blower is.

Or if you truly removed it all.... you will have to wire it all the way back to the harnes comming down

Forget about the stock oil gage, just get a real one and put it in there or else where easy in view, it's just a gestamate type gage is why I say that.